+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skill points for downing certain bosses

Shadowlander

Default Skill points for downing certain bosses

Everyone knows that as you go further and further into the game you get better and better gear, but why is gear the only way to improve after you hit level 50?

I propose having certain high level bosses give an extra skill point that you can put into any of your three skill trees. You'd only get the bonus once, and it would give a very exciting and unique incentive to get to certain bosses.

Sez

Inb4 QQ from PvP'ers
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

That would break the system for potentual level cap increase. Just think on that fact for a moment.
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

Foamy tells it like it is!

Plane Walker

i like the idea BUT the execution wouldn't be viable. think about it:

the idea is useless pre-50.

expert dungeons are currently too easy to have any of the dungeon bosses reward these.

world invasions don't happen all the time and cannot be triggered by any player so if your not around, tough luck!

expert and raid rifts can be done in 20-man groups so are at the same stance as expert dungeons.

as such on raid bosses would be viable to reward skill points, HOWEVER not everyone can (or wants to) raid and as a result will complain on the forums all the time or quit.

both Akala and Baron krevic have suitable rewards.

scarlet gorge/scarwood reach and droughtlands ancient wardstone bosses are about the ONLY boss mobs that are worth it,but again, you could just overpower with numbers and so wouldn't be challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by alkalinesolo View Post
    Everyone knows that as you go further and further into the game you get better and better gear, but why is gear the only way to improve after you hit level 50?

I propose having certain high level bosses give an extra skill point that you can put into any of your three skill trees. You'd only get the bonus once, and it would give a very exciting and unique incentive to get to certain bosses.
    Here is the solution to your dilemma.

Check it out, give feedback, help make the game a better place
    Sanarra - Mage - Amardis
    Support Better World PvP

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ayenn View Post
    That would break the system for potentual level cap increase. Just think on that fact for a moment.

I didn't think about that, but I don't think it would really break the system. There would still be level limits for unlocking new skills, or you could just have any skill points earned this way disabled until you reach the new max level.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by twistinthunder View Post
    i like the idea BUT the execution wouldn't be viable. think about it:

the idea is useless pre-50.
    Not necessarily, but I had this system in mind for only max level players.

expert dungeons are currently too easy to have any of the dungeon bosses reward these.
    Difficulty will either change soon, or your opinion is not shared by the developers so it's kinda irrelevant.

world invasions don't happen all the time and cannot be triggered by any player so if your not around, tough luck!

expert and raid rifts can be done in 20-man groups so are at the same stance as expert dungeons.

scarlet gorge/scarwood reach and droughtlands ancient wardstone bosses are about the ONLY boss mobs that are worth it,but again, you could just overpower with numbers and so wouldn't be challenging
    This idea should only occur in instances IMO.

as such on raid bosses would be viable to reward skill points, HOWEVER not everyone can (or wants to) raid and as a result will complain on the forums all the time or quit.
    Oh well, they can cry if they want. If you want the best stuff in the game - do the best stuff in the game.

both Akala and Baron krevic have suitable rewards.
    Suitable rewards meaning "awesome gear" right? I'm kinda sick of just getting more and more awesome gear, so for me those rewards aren't "suitable".

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by sanarra View Post
    Here is the solution to your dilemma.

Check it out, give feedback, help make the game a better place

Agreed! That's an even better idea than this one!

+ Reply to Thread