+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LFD Tool fixes

Default LFD Tool fixes

• Allow players queued for dungeon to join public groups and rift while they wait.
      4 Hour queues are definitely bad but only because you cannot queue for any other group activity while you wait.
    • Never go cross shard like warfronts.
      There is a reason that wow players are coming to Rift. It is to get away from tools such as this.
      Looking for Group tool is great. Going cross server wont make the queues any quicker, but it will destroy a shards community. Are we playing an MMO or are we playing an action RPG with a Massive online foyer?
    Last edited by Elth; 06-08-2011 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elth View Post
    • Allow players queued for dungeon to join public groups and rift while they wait.
      4 Hour queues are definitely bad but only because you cannot queue for any other group activity while you wait.
    Yes Please.

Telaran

- Group people up soon as they hit ready, not upon entering an instance.
    I can't tell you how many times i've seen the ready box come up, hit ready, 2-3 other people do then it sits around for a minute because the last person is away or they just refuse it. Now there are 4 people who have no idea who each other are and screwed out of a group. I'll usually say something in 50 chat or someone else will try and get the attention but rarely are all the people paying attention to 50 chat.
    As soon as the second person hits ready it should create the group and add each person as they hit ready. When you have 4 people it'll be super easy for them to find a 5th no matter the role, someone will know someone who is ready to go if they are the last person.

- Make the confirmation time on the ready box 2 minutes and movable
    It's not like people are grouped up doing anything else so why not make it 2 minutes, as long as I can move the box to the side it won't bother me.

Basically, now in the last 4 days of the 10 times I've had the ready box pop up from being in LFG Q only 3 have actually formed, the rest time out or someone else refuses. Forming people into the group is a painfully obvious solution to this, hopefully not hard to code in.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by xanon View Post
    I can't tell you how many times i've seen the ready box come up, hit ready, 2-3 other people do then it sits around for a minute because the last person is away or they just refuse it. Now there are 4 people who have no idea who each other are and screwed out of a group. I'll usually say something in 50 chat or someone else will try and get the attention but rarely are all the people paying attention to 50 chat.
    As soon as the second person hits ready it should create the group and add each person as they hit ready. When you have 4 people it'll be super easy for them to find a 5th no matter the role, someone will know someone who is ready to go if they are the last person.
    I like this suggestion, I think if Trion made this change, it would help a lot.

Telaran

- Allow people to Q as different roles for different tiers
    I like to Q up for T1 and 2, even though i'm t2/raid geared, I dont like sitting for too long and would raither be occupied with something, so oh well if it's a dinky T1, i mean I dont even need t2 stuff but it's not like there is anything else to do. As a warrior I can Q up as tank or dps however I really can't play a DPS role in T1 unless there happens to be another t2+ geared warrior who got into group as tank. The more fresh 50s simply can't hold aggro. I often try to give them pointers and help them out, I don't mind walking people through stuff, but I also am times not in the mood and want to just get through and just Q as tank, no DPS, which also means I get screwed out of being able to Q as DPS for T2. And ya, obviously Q'n as a tank gets pretty quick groups, but i'm still missing out on groups if all they needed was dps. I have a similar problem with my cleric. I can Q as healer or DPS for t1 and t2, he's relatively fresh to 50 and I know my healing still needs practice before I can try a t2, but I can dps or support a T2 perfectly fine, have the right builds so I want to Q as heal/dps/support for t1 and just dps/support for t2 and I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Elth View Post
    still wanted.
    Last edited by July13th; 06-20-2011 at 07:38 AM.

Good idea.

Until we stop having premades with 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps, and 1 support rejected by the tool, I think the primary fix for the tool would be to fix the tool. Right now, it's simply not working correctly and I can't help but wonder how many times when I'm in a long queue is it just that the thing is not working correctly and there's an entire group or more than one group out there sitting in queue not being matched.

All the other suggestions are great too, but right now, I have no faith that it's working correctly.

Ascendant

- Make the confirmation time on the ready box 2 minutes and movable
    Agree on first, second one doens't btoher me. If you hit escape the box goes away... it will come back everytime someone hits 'yes' though.

- Allow people to Q as different roles for different tiers
    This.

And now for one of my own...

Give us seperate pools for the extra plaques. I refuse to run T1s while I have those bonus plaques available. Running a T1 is basically just throwing 3 plaques away.

Also while leveling, let me set the point where I refuse ot do lower level zones. I'm sick of getting KB and I'm level 44. KB tops out at 38, yet 6 levels later I'm still getting put in there.

MAKE IT STOOOOOP!

Telaran

bumping. some of this stuff isnt really 'oh, that's a good idea' kinds of ideas, they're more like 'holy crap how was LFG even implemented without these in the first place?' kinds of ideas.

bumping. some of this stuff isnt really 'oh, that's a good idea' kinds of ideas, they're more like 'holy crap how was LFG even implemented without these in the first place?' kinds of ideas.
    No kidding. I mean, it's a good tool considering Rift is still in it's early stages (WoW didn't have a good LFG for the longest time) but at least Trion should be open for lots of suggestions.
    Games: Rift, Runescape, Minecraft
    Hobbies: Surfing, Biking, Anime

Shadowlander

Allow players queued for dungeon to join public groups and rift while they wait.
    Never go cross shard like warfronts.
    There is a reason that wow players are coming to Rift. It is to get away from tools such as this.
    Looking for Group tool is great. Going cross server wont make the queues any quicker, but it will destroy a shards community. Are we playing an MMO or are we playing an action RPG with a Massive online foyer?

Yes yes yes!!

Telaran

If someone Q's and refuses a group when it pops up they should be debuffed/locked out.
    I know if someone is in a group after getting Q'd into a dungeon and they leave they get some kind of debuff no? (thought i saw that in a patch note somewhere, never done it so don't know) But they can Q up, when the ready window pops up they can refuse and it either places them right back into Q or they can rejoin right away. This needs to stop. There seems to be a group of people (on shatterbone at least) that are doing nothing but Q'n up just so they can refuse and screw over groups from forming and it's happening back to back to back so it's making me think if someone refuses they are put right back into the front of the Q cause last night and again this morning the LFD tool has been on lockdown from this, no groups have been able to form.

Telaran

bumping

Telaran

Default Alot of LFD threads!

A lot of these LFD threads are cool and all and I admire rift for wanting some semblenance of comunity on a shard. BUT
    As a option as has been posted else where cross shard grouping and interaction such as friending and possibly taking that friend with you to do stuff is good--if done right:
    for example quite few posters from lower pop shards note that it's nigh impossible to get groups!
    who are we to say oh gee just transfer to a higher pop one (if that's even a option)?
    Shouldn't we welcome them into the growing rift comunity?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast