+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Game

Soulwalker

Default New Game

So I have played rift for about a month now and I have some suggestions, some questions, and some complaints. The game is new and I am sure still evolving as the Rift community grows. So I am sure the following are all on a to do list somewhere in the Trion offices.

When I discovered Rift I was elated at the diversity of each of the classes. I was enamored with the idea that each class would be able to play his or her part as each of the available roles (Tank, DPS, Support, and PvP). However the reality was much more disappointing than the dream. Only two of the four classes can truly do it all, clerics and rogues.

I started this game as a warrior and quickly realized this was a HUGE mistake. Having to chose between NO survivability in PvP (as a DPS spec) or the inability to kill anyone in PVP (as a tank spec). Even as a tank spec my stamina pales in the light of a tank cleric. Tank clerics will effortlessly run and jump around in circles as 5 people focus dps on them and in blackthorn it is a joke to try and carry the shard where as a tank cleric giggles as the damage tickles him and he heals back to full. A warriors self heals are dependent on two things, dealing damage, and blocking incoming damage. If a warrior finds himself in a fight with any caster or healer he is no longer BLOCKING the incoming damage with his shield so his self heals are limited to that of one single dps spell that returns 180 health over 15 seconds (or only 90 health until you've invested 21 points in reaver) and cannot be cast more than once every 15 seconds. This is obviously worthless. My armor is also worthless in the face of any caster. A Necromancer/Warlock with a fear on a ONE POINT FIVE SECOND COOLDOWN. While my ability to break a fear is on a 30 second cooldown. Once again this is laughable as a Necro/loc will fear you and soul purge you until you are dead and they are left with full health. There is absolutely no way a warrior can compete with this.

Why is it that if I decide to become a PvE warrior tank with armor smithing as a profession I am left with only two epic tanking plate recipes while tank clerics are given three? Why is it that if I chose rune crafting as a tank warrior I am left with slim picking for runes, very slim pickings (and this is at all tiers)?

I thought this game would learn from the mistakes of WoW and make the dungeons complex. Unfortunately I have face rolled all of the dungeons to the point where I feel worthless as a tank. There is no need or purpose for crowd control as rogues in all forms are consistently pulling groups of mobs with no consequences in sight. We never even stumble as the healers mana is ALWAYS at full. At first I got frustrated but after a while I realized there was no point as no one was ever gonna die. I am bored and no longer run dungeons.

The artwork in the game is perplexing. How did you create such a beautiful environment with such crappy looking items? Sure I can customize an outfit and I can dye it. That's kinda like putting food coloring on a pile of dog crap. All of the overly exaggerated horns on the helmets have me picturing your item artist as a short guy with a short.... you know. (BTW pinky wave to you) He seriously has some sort of phallic complex going on. Speaking of extensions of epeen the weapons in this game are bland and I never find myself saying, "wow that weapon looks bad ***".

Finally, this goes to the rifts that make the game. WTF!? The game is called Rift and the Rift mechanics are broken. I am taking a wild guess here but I assume that major invasions are spawned based upon the number of people withing a certain level bracket currently online on the shard or currently in the area where the invasion begins, HOWEVER, I am constantly CONSTANTLY losing major invasions because NO ONE is in the area to help or no one is of that level so they either can't help or won't because they will not get a decent reward for the amount of time they have to put in. If I win and I have been there since the major invasion started, and one my friends got there for the boss, my friend will get a purple shard and I will get a blue or worse nothing at all. LOL oh ya, and if the raid boss mechanics are anything like the major invasion boss mechanics I am not interested. As a tank, 3 levels higher than a major invasion boss I REGULARLY get one shot from full health. And if I get knocked down to 10% health and run away, far outside of the range of any of my skills, the bosses will still fire off a magic bolt and finish me off from 60-80 meters away.

Ya so anyway I hope you guys fix some or all of this stuff. I quit until then. GG.
    Last edited by MMower; 06-07-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Macros

Oh ya and you guys need NEED! to improve the macro system. With the way you have this game set up a complex character build can completely consume every bar with buttons. So please for the love of all that is organized PLEASE improve the macros. OH YA and make the enemy's cast bar independent of his portrait in the UI edit mode, it is a huge help to have his cast bar in the middle of the screen for anyone who is interested in interrupting spells. OH YA OH YA there also needs to be SOME WAY to identify each class in PVP. Color code name plates over peoples heads OR SOMETHING I can't tell if I am fighting a warrior or a cleric or a mage or a rogue. K. Thanks. Bye. =D
    Last edited by MMower; 06-07-2011 at 05:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread