+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game suggestions

Rift Disciple

Default Game suggestions

I noticed after putting up a suggestion in general that there was another thread for this, so I apoligize for posting there. Here it goes:

I'm sure some, if not all have been suggested before, as I'm sure you understand I can't go true reading all posts to make a easier to read post.

- Guild bank I know everyone wants, but I'll add it in here anyhow.
    - Shift click to know peoples guild and level, also certaint people have suggested.
    - The option to configure the size of the auction house, bank, and bag slots.
    - Remove the starting unitprice and buyout unitprice.
    - Add the option to drag a stack of items into the auction house and putting them up on ah in the stacksize you preffer.
    - Fix the "edit layout" option so that the quests won't get forced down underneath the screen at random times.
    - Allow ctrl+A, ctrl+C and ctrl+V in the chat.
    - Allow people to inspect soul tree of players.
    - Allow Follow and Autowalk while alt+tab out of game.
    - Add a "Auction profit" text on the auctionhouse showing you the amount of platinum/gold/silver earned after 5% ah cut.
    - Nameplates for showing all enemies and making targeting without tab(or whatever hotkey) possible. This is needed for tanks, not all can take to many blows, and an add running with a pet next to him, or in a big pull makes hard to target.
    - Ingame damage meter. Altough there excists programs you can download for this, it's not very good. A good ingame damage meter including several options to allow/remove out of group people, putting pets and players togetter among other options.
    - Allowing shift+click in chat for linking to friends and searching items on the auction house with more ease.
    - Never add ingame flyingmounts. You got a good thing going on with portals and normal mounts, I would hate to see it get ruined.
    - A decent filter to remove any linking of websites, specially in the same post as mentioning of platinum or ingame cash.

I know there is a lot, and there is probably more I forgot to add. Altough it might seem like much it's realy just small things which should be easily coded. You've done a great job with the game, and I by far think think this beats other mmo's, but some small changes would have a nice impact on the game and make it more enjoyable for us, the users. I would also take my time to say I don't think allowing addons is a good choice. You've provided almost all that is required, and allowing this will build much server information going true the servers making the game tougher for some to run I'm quite certain of. I'm not a big fan of addons in general, but I think the game allowing some customization is a prefferable thing over all the addons that would be made.

If anyone bothered to read this, thank you for sticking in there, and I'm sure some of you out there feel the same way and love the game as much as I do.

Zeraveth - Whitefall

Quote Originally Posted by Zeradin View Post
    - Allow people to inspect soul tree of players.
    I like the idea but the vocal portion of this forum do not support. http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...light=July13th
    Maybe you can do this with an addon when they come.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    I like the idea but the vocal portion of this forum do not support. http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...light=July13th
    Maybe you can do this with an addon when they come.
    Well I can't imagine an addon doing so without required the other part to have the addon aswell. I read your thread and I must say I find people rather silly/paranoid. It's not like players have found a spec that works better than what isn't already out there. There's math to support what soul setups are best. I'm well aware of how it was copied on wow, but any player still would have found most those specs on elitistjerk anyhow. The difference was sometimes small due to guilds running with the same people everytime they could swap around a little to make it easier. The outcome of a soultree is still up to the player, and how many play with my spec is of no importance as they still would have no idea how to master it without bothering reading up on their class.

Rift Disciple

Another thing I would like to see to be added is "estimated time" for dungeon que, it would be most helpfull.

agree op with everything you mentioned except :

-in game damage meter. damage meters result in elitists as in wow, no thks. i hope it never goes through.
    and/

- i for one would adore flying mounts, not now, the game is far too new, but one day they would be a brilliant addition. by the time everyone is 50(or more later on) we have immersed into the game 300x over. seen and appreciated all the artwork, killed the trillion mobs that aggro on roads hundreds of times over by then, offering flying to maxed out jobs would only help the game in the far off future.

the rest however sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by Alleriana View Post
    - i for one would adore flying mounts, not now, the game is far too new, but one day they would be a brilliant addition. by the time everyone is 50(or more later on) we have immersed into the game 300x over. seen and appreciated all the artwork, killed the trillion mobs that aggro on roads hundreds of times over by then, offering flying to maxed out jobs would only help the game in the far off future.
    I hope Trion does not implement flying mounts. I feel they hinder the social aspects of game and also world pvp.

+ Reply to Thread