+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Grind control: XP sliders!

  1. #1
    RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default Grind control: XP sliders!

    Crazy thought.

    Give us XP sliders. What are XP sliders? Simple! They're like the volume controls. We get sliders with captions like

    Exploration
    Mob Kills
    Daily Quest
    Regular Quest
    PvP

    and each slider has a 0-100 range. That range is a percentage multiplier on XP earned for that activity. So, say I want to skin a bunch of leather without outlevelling my quests. I set Mob Kills to zero and I go kill animals for two hours.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Odamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    315

    Default

    I'm for allowing players to turn xp off, so I guess I'm for this too.
    ((A gentleman never speaks out of bracket.))

    Sometimes one must cast aside nobility in order to see justice done - Odamir the Lion

  3. #3
    Telaran sanarra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Crazy thought.

    Give us XP sliders. What are XP sliders? Simple! They're like the volume controls. We get sliders with captions like

    Exploration
    Mob Kills
    Daily Quest
    Regular Quest
    PvP

    and each slider has a 0-100 range. That range is a percentage multiplier on XP earned for that activity. So, say I want to skin a bunch of leather without outlevelling my quests. I set Mob Kills to zero and I go kill animals for two hours.

    That, Sir, is a great idea. Original, creative, and awesome. I concur
    Sanarra - Mage - Amardis
    Support Better World PvP

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Lande's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    All for turning off XP, however it honestly shouldn't apply for PVP. Nothing will kill lower Warfronts quicker than a bunch of people staying at bracket limit and ruining the fun of people trying to honestly level.

  5. #5
    RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lande View Post
    All for turning off XP, however it honestly shouldn't apply for PVP. Nothing will kill lower Warfronts quicker than a bunch of people staying at bracket limit and ruining the fun of people trying to honestly level.
    I quite liked, at least on paper, the WoW implementation with separate brackets for those people.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

  6. #6
    Ascendant Anuhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I quite liked, at least on paper, the WoW implementation with separate brackets for those people.
    Indeed. You 'twink' you don't WF.

    The idea of separate WF's is great but in reality they would be empty.

    As for the OP Seebs, spot on +100.
    Why these mechanics weren't implemented pre launch I have no idea.
    Sadly I think it is too late. It is for me and I think for many more too. What was fresh is no longer fresh, it's all already been done, partly on level but mostly at lvl 50 and far too quickly.
    The game is now a lobby game.

    Oh what a great post count to finish on.

    BBya'll
    Last edited by Anuhart; 06-07-2011 at 12:06 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts