+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grind control: XP sliders!

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default Grind control: XP sliders!

Crazy thought.

Give us XP sliders. What are XP sliders? Simple! They're like the volume controls. We get sliders with captions like

Exploration
    Mob Kills
    Daily Quest
    Regular Quest
    PvP

and each slider has a 0-100 range. That range is a percentage multiplier on XP earned for that activity. So, say I want to skin a bunch of leather without outlevelling my quests. I set Mob Kills to zero and I go kill animals for two hours.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

I'm for allowing players to turn xp off, so I guess I'm for this too.
    ((A gentleman never speaks out of bracket.))

Sometimes one must cast aside nobility in order to see justice done - Odamir the Lion

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Crazy thought.

Give us XP sliders. What are XP sliders? Simple! They're like the volume controls. We get sliders with captions like

Exploration
    Mob Kills
    Daily Quest
    Regular Quest
    PvP

and each slider has a 0-100 range. That range is a percentage multiplier on XP earned for that activity. So, say I want to skin a bunch of leather without outlevelling my quests. I set Mob Kills to zero and I go kill animals for two hours.

That, Sir, is a great idea. Original, creative, and awesome. I concur
    Sanarra - Mage - Amardis
    Support Better World PvP

All for turning off XP, however it honestly shouldn't apply for PVP. Nothing will kill lower Warfronts quicker than a bunch of people staying at bracket limit and ruining the fun of people trying to honestly level.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lande View Post
    All for turning off XP, however it honestly shouldn't apply for PVP. Nothing will kill lower Warfronts quicker than a bunch of people staying at bracket limit and ruining the fun of people trying to honestly level.
    I quite liked, at least on paper, the WoW implementation with separate brackets for those people.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I quite liked, at least on paper, the WoW implementation with separate brackets for those people.
    Indeed. You 'twink' you don't WF.

The idea of separate WF's is great but in reality they would be empty.

As for the OP Seebs, spot on +100.
    Why these mechanics weren't implemented pre launch I have no idea.
    Sadly I think it is too late. It is for me and I think for many more too. What was fresh is no longer fresh, it's all already been done, partly on level but mostly at lvl 50 and far too quickly.
    The game is now a lobby game.

Oh what a great post count to finish on.

BBya'll
    Last edited by Anuhart; 06-07-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

+ Reply to Thread