+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some extra features

Default Some extra features

This is just a proposal then don't kill me for this innocent idea.
    Years ago I used to play silkroad. This game had significant flaws, but also had really nice ideas.

For example:

1-The player can make up a stall with the possibility to sell their goods. (Very usefull if you go afk for some minutes)

2-The war for fort - located around the map there are several fortresses that periodically become the battleground between guilds to control them.
    Control this fortress allows the guild to earn a small percentage of sales occurred on the cities in the region.

3-Other characteristic in my opinion fantastic. is that you can choose a job.
    But not the jobs on the current rift.

Merchants: The player may decide to carry some supplies from town to town, depending the request of the material from the town, and if the trip is long enough, the reward will be more or less conspicuous.

Defenders: The player may decide to defend the caravans of merchants from various attacks, this will let the defender receive a reward according to the integrity of cargo and the enemies killed.

Thieves: The player may decide to attack the caravans of merchants, in order to steal the material and sell it to the thieves' market and earn money.

I think that some features like those will be a great upgrade to a good game like RIFT.

Another great game that we can use as starter for some good features is Guild Wars.
    It has in my opionion, the greatest features for Guild vs Guild, and i think that we need it!
    What do you think about Port of Scion in Guild vs Guild and not with a random group?? I think that it can be great!!

See you all!!

Sorry for my english.

Quote Originally Posted by Flegiasdinho View Post
    This is just a proposal then don't kill me for this innocent idea.
    Years ago I used to play silkroad. This game had significant flaws, but also had really nice ideas.

For example:

1-The player can make up a stall with the possibility to sell their goods. (Very usefull if you go afk for some minutes)

2-The war for fort - located around the map there are several fortresses that periodically become the battleground between guilds to control them.
    Control this fortress allows the guild to earn a small percentage of sales occurred on the cities in the region.

3-Other characteristic in my opinion fantastic. is that you can choose a job.
    But not the jobs on the current rift.

Merchants: The player may decide to carry some supplies from town to town, depending the request of the material from the town, and if the trip is long enough, the reward will be more or less conspicuous.

Defenders: The player may decide to defend the caravans of merchants from various attacks, this will let the defender receive a reward according to the integrity of cargo and the enemies killed.

Thieves: The player may decide to attack the caravans of merchants, in order to steal the material and sell it to the thieves' market and earn money.

I think that some features like those will be a great upgrade to a good game like RIFT.

Another great game that we can use as starter for some good features is Guild Wars.
    It has in my opionion, the greatest features for Guild vs Guild, and i think that we need it!
    What do you think about Port of Scion in Guild vs Guild and not with a random group?? I think that it can be great!!

See you all!!

Sorry for my english.
    Nice ideas, with a few "tweaks"..

1. Player shops can be the bane of any zone, especially for those with less than optimal graphics abilities. I would propose changing it a bit so that if there are too many in a given area, you cannot open a shop. Also, I propose that a shop not be allowed within specific range of necessary NPCs. I have played many games in which people were able to open a shop right on top of Quest NPCs so that you can't do your thing.

2. A specific "arena" or instance for GvG would be great. I would further suggest that there be bleachers so that non-combatants could watch.

3. What you're talking about isn't a "profession", per se, but actual jobs for cash, much like hiring out as a mercenary. I think with all the "dailies" and Fed Ex quests already in the game, that there is enough to make the odd platinum, and more of the same isn't needed. On the other hand, a player run employment service would be kind of cool. Put your name in and that you need [x] number of people for a specific quest or dungeon, kind of like the LFG tool, but paying the group members for their services. Not sure how that would work for the drops, though.

All in all, a fairly good suggestion list.
    "If you argue for your limitations, you get to keep them" - Richard Bach
    "Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness..." - Anonymous

Great list of help for new players! Click Here!

Soulwalker

Default no to player shops

I have played lots of games with player shops and i agree with Renna. on the part where they would slow you down and they put them on top of quest npcs. Plus why would you need that there is a thing called Auction House.

For the arena i would have to say heck ya. A GvG arena would be awesome. and like you said if you win you get some kind of perk. like special vendors that sell high end stuff cheap.

For the last one i would say yes but more on the lines of a guild event. like say a guild quest asks you to gather everyone together and you have to transport something, and you can hire other guilds to help protect it. and the ones that aren't with you can chose to help steal it or something. or make it a Guardian and Defiant mission. and whoever wins that side gets a sweet buff till the next quest. like 10-20% more xp. something along them lines.

very good list Flegiasdinho.

Thank you all for your replies

Thinking about what you wrote here before...

Is totally true that a stall put on some places can be bother. So what do you think about a "Bazar Area", where player can put their stalls just there. it would be an additional feature to the AH.

For the other features that I was fantasizing...
    would be a kind of additional specialization, without necessarily becoming the top of the bg or the top of the dungeons.
    With these additional features you could become a great gladiator (see arena team and not more radom bg), a great wanted thief , a defender who frightens everyone or a respected trader.

For the GVG arenas, as you rightly said Renna, it would be great to enter a sort of "stage" where everyone can assist to battle.

It could be also great a kind of ranking for jobs (Thief-Defender-Trader) and both for the GVG battles.

For examples, for jobs, you can earn some buff pve side, for arenas pvp side, in order to satisfy all kind of request.

These are my simple ideas, maybe a bit too pretentious, but I don't lose anything to propose them!!
    Last edited by Flegiasdinho; 06-07-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Also the AH cross-server, in order to avoid the speculations on each server could be good

+ Reply to Thread