+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make easy and hard versions of Instances

Default Make easy and hard versions of Instances

Since last big patch, instances are so screwed, the game is carebear easy as hell, no fun anymore. There might be loads of threads about it already, sorry I don't have the time to read forums all day.

My Suggestion, please make an easy and hard version of all instances. The easy version like they are now, the hard version like they were before the patch.

Put better loot into the hard version.

Let the LFG Tool chose better groups. 4 Mages, one healer can easily run through the current versions. Healer as Tank, Mage as Chloro, Rest DPS.

Gratz on the first step ruining the game for the little more Hardcore Players.

normal = easy mode
    expert = hardmode

so u want a hard normal mode and a hard hard mode? lol

Rift Disciple

Default they won't /:

I doubt they'll every make something like that for dungeons with better loot. They could go with the WoW "Hardmode" way, but I really don't see Trion doing that... The carebears will ***** that they can't get the same loot as more... "experienced"(?) players and they'll nerf the hardmodes to half a trip above normal modes. I just don't see it happening. /:
    Harbinger Livandira, Hand of the Arcane

Main Spec Arbiter of <Jynxed>
    2/4 BoB 4/4 Mini Bosses Down

Rift Disciple

Default raid progression instead

The big issue at present I think may be to keep people motivated to play the game.

Of course there are a lot of different groups playing Rift, and everyone has their own preferences.

I know I am not alone in not liking dungeon grinding to gear up - it's ok for a start but that's it for me.

I would like to see a raid progression as well - starting at a lower level and then harder going up to expert level.

I do get a lot more fun doing 20 man raids and I would like to see something like this to help get people more involved in their guilds.

Just on my server - I know that many of the casual guilds are not even close to raiding GS at present and they keep losing people - by them moving or simply not playing the level 50s.

Want hardmore?

Raid naked.

100% skill wins!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Since last big patch, instances are so screwed, the game is carebear easy as hell, no fun anymore. There might be loads of threads about it already, sorry I don't have the time to read forums all day.
    It's a pity you don't because you added nothing at all.

Soulwalker

How can a healer tank a T2?

Telaran

Pre 1.2 the T2 instances were a bit of a challenge but they were too long but they nerfed them to speed them up but unfortunately it took away the challenge of the bosses at the same time.

Tie this in with the fact that it now takes more instances to gain the same level of gear pre 1.2 and what you have is forcing players to to tedious content over and over. However you have to look at why Trion made those changes they were introducing the LFD tool this means players who previously had not done any T2 instances would be signing through the LFD tool.

Had they left the T2's as pre 1.2 can you imagine the screaming about being grouped with those unable to manage the instances, the cries about low DPS performance, under geared players, the crying from those accused about how the content should be for everyone blah blah blah.

I personally preferred the T2's the way they were before but its easy to understand why Trion felt a need to change them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anneliz View Post
    How can a healer tank a T2?
    Bring in a Holy paladin...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUH0S8BzkQY

Check what he says too..."Try to die"

+ Reply to Thread