+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yet Another Cross-Server LFG Thread

Default Yet Another Cross-Server LFG Thread

Not sure if anybody has come up with this idea yet, but I haven't seen it. I've always been against Cross-Server LFG but it seems like it might be necessary on some of the smaller servers. So this is what I propose:

Implement cross-server LFG, but prioritize same-server groups. If the system can make a group entirely from people from the same server, do it. If it can't, wait a set amount of time to see if it can in the near future (maybe 5 minutes or so) and then look for people from other servers.

Servers with an active enough LFG queue will never have to see people from other servers except at weird hours. And servers with low populations can pull from other servers to help them out.

Just an idea. It probably has tons of problems but for now it seems like a decent-enough compromise. I wouldn't, however, like to see cross-server LFG implemented as it is in WoW where you end up with truly random groups where nobody cares about their reputations. And I've been guilty of this as well, just being a **** with friends because chances are we'll never see that pug ever again.

I wouldn't mind this, maybe some one might be on in LFG and Warfronts after 5PM my local time

It makes people even less social in groups and its one more notch on the WoW clone dial. Free transfers will be in soon so that might help balance things out.

The free transfers will only be to selected servers as Trion sees fit. I also wont transfer Guilds.

Honestly, I still don't trust the tool is working right period. There are too many people sitting around doing nothing and I have to think they're in queue, but queues not popping.

But say it is working, there are a lot of things that could be done to help things. Remove the support role. It's an odd thing and it makes forming groups more difficult. Get rid of the separation between defiant and guardian and let us group together. You've just doubled your chances of a group and kept your community.

And consolidate some servers--which would hopefully mean doing something like merging 3 into 2 where you take some super low pop servers and merge them with one of the super high pops and force everyone to choose a new one.

I love grouping and I couldn't wait when WoW did their cross server thing, but once it was in, I just didn't want to group with people because they were so rude and I'd never see them again. It just didn't work.

+ Reply to Thread