+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Server type

Rift Chaser

Default New Server type

I was thinking this morning about all the post I have read here with people saying PVP isn't right & the game is Eazymode then it struck me . We Have PVE servers & even PVP servers for god sake even RP servers why not a Hardcore Server ?

For those that say the game is easymode make a Server with Death Penalty that really hurts make dungeons 2-3 times harder make leveling much slower remove all mounts till 50 , lower the amount of Mines - herbs ect & make Tradeskill items worth something ..

I wonder is all the people that have been complaining ezymode with actually play on a server like that or are they all talk .

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by lukain View Post
    I was thinking this morning about all the post I have read here with people saying PVP isn't right & the game is Eazymode then it struck me . We Have PVE servers & even PVP servers for god sake even RP servers why not a Hardcore Server ?

For those that say the game is easymode make a Server with Death Penalty that really hurts make dungeons 2-3 times harder make leveling much slower remove all mounts till 50 , lower the amount of Mines - herbs ect & make Tradeskill items worth something ..

I wonder is all the people that have been complaining ezymode with actually play on a server like that or are they all talk .
    No they wont.
    The ones complaining it is easy are the same ones who complained it was too difficult. They are also the same ones who complained that it should allow add ons so they can make it even easier. Same ones who complain every class but thiers is OP.

This has been suggested several times and nothing has come of it. This is probably because the percentage of the Rift population that would want such a server does not warrant the financial expenditure to make one and then maintain a separate rules set and hardware.

Hardcore is really a thing of the past and subject to nostalgia. The realist definition of nostalgia is: remembering a glorious past that nevre actually was.
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

Foamy tells it like it is!

+ Reply to Thread