+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rifts: A Crafters Incentive

Telaran

Default Rifts: A Crafters Incentive

I suggest an addition to Rifts to make them valuable for crafters.

Earth Rift:
    When you close an Earth rift 3 of the most common ores found in the zone, or for that Rift's level, will spawn and be harvestable by the party that cleared it. For each additional bonus stage you clear for the Rift you increase the chance of getting more of that common material, and a chance per level for the rare ore to spawn. Complete all of the stages of the Rift and you are guaranteed at least one of the rare mineral vein to appear and any additional will just be based upon chance. These mineral nodes become tapped to the party that closed the Rift IF A - one or more members of the party can mine and B - they have sufficient skill to do so.

This suggestion also applies to:
    Life Rift - in the same manner as the Earth Rift, when one of these is closed Herbs and Wood spawn on the ground for collection.

As for butchering without adding a new Rift that specifically spawns lots of beasts that you can harvest I was thinking that either the Water or Fire (Fire Lizard?) rifts will spawn adds that can be butchered for leather. Perhaps the Fire Rift can spawn fire beasts that can be butchered.

Just some more incentives for the Rifts. I'd think it'd be awesome to see minerals appear in a Closed Earth Rift. However this would mean making it possible for Fire and Life rifts to be spawned in zones that don't see them. Like Freemarch for example never sees Life or Air rifts, it would have to be possible to get one when you open a tear. Not an air rift though.

These nodes would all have to be tapped at start otherwise a potential for griefing would arise. Someone with mining would just wait for you to close the rift and then run in there and steal what spawns. In particular the rare mineral.

Telaran

No one liked this idea? I was at least expecting someone to say something usually the first post is a negative one then a few who like it post.

I like the idea, anything where crafters get more love is good. What would you do for crafting professions? Or would this idea just be for gatherers?
    Sanarra - Mage - Amardis
    Support Better World PvP

Soulwalker

Is there really a problem with a lack of ores though? I wouldn't mind seeing rifts drop recipes or something though.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Reevin View Post
    No one liked this idea? I was at least expecting someone to say something usually the first post is a negative one then a few who like it post.
    Sorry, I'm late.

Your thread sucks.

Glad I could keep the normal way of things going, again, sorry for the tardiness.

Off I go...
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by sanarra View Post
    I like the idea, anything where crafters get more love is good. What would you do for crafting professions? Or would this idea just be for gatherers?
    Hmm crafters. Thats a tough one. Although someone did mention something about recipies. How about BOP recipies that drop for professions? I don't know if resist gear would be needed in the future (sucked when WoW made some fights require that) but it would make sense if there were Epic recipies for sets of armor that had high resist towards a particular element and it would be those rifts through which you gathered them, but then those items would be specific to the later levels mostly.

Perhaps a rift unique item which is required in some recipies specifically, or an augment. Maybe say a level 15 Death rift would have a chance of dropping a level 15 augment that when added to a recipie would increase the damage you deal while within a rift of that element?

So the options for Crafters are:
    Rare and Epic recipies (rift obtainable only)
    Rare and Epic ingredients (rift obtainable only)
    Augments that boost stats only while in a rift

I don't think an element specific item would be favorable, otherwise then players would have to carry 8 sets of gear on them which they would swap out depending on the type of rift opened. I dislike anything that requires excessive armor switching. Gatherers have the benefit of what they need spawning and then can collect them when opening but crafters well... they have to go elsewhere.

How about this as a suggestion:

A weaponsmith gains a recipie from a Death Rift for "Deathly Sword" (Trion can think of something cool sounding) One of the ingredients for this weapon is Fragments of Death which are BOP ingredients that drop from the Rift when a weaponsmith with high enough skill participates in a close. Once forged however this Sword is in an unstable state where it can't be used properly. The Sword itself only provides 25% of its stats and damage, but whatever player decides to use it, must equip it then fight with it for all stages of a Death Rift of the same level required for the ingredients and recipie, or once the final stage is completed an additional stage at the end is added and that boss must be defeated to complete the sword. Once the rift is closed the Sword absorbs the lingering energy and reaches its maximum potential.

I think that would be cool. Items which you only get the recipie from Rifts, which require ingredients you only get from rifts, and the final stage of crafting must be completed inside the rift. Short of making a portable forge you have to deploy in the rift I think this would be an awesome event. Maybe a cool event would occur when the sword completed.
    Best moment in Rift: I "broke wind" in real life. Seconds later a message crossed my screen, "The smell of decay fills the air."

+ Reply to Thread