+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 10man instances

Shadowlander

Default 10man instances

My proposition is more 10 man instances with tokens and legendaries included, becouse smaller guild cant group 20 ppl always. Some guilds dont wonna merge and they stuck on t1/t2 instances. Bigger guilds 20 man raids, 10 man for smaller with same rewards. And at last i thing that new 10 man instance is kinda too hard for normal/casual players.

Shadowlander

I heartily second this notion. Harken back to WOW--in BC very few players saw all the content because it took 25 man guilds to get past the entry level raid (Karazhan). Keeping a 20/25 man roster up and ready to go is just hard to do. WOW responded to this by making everything too easy in Wrath, when I think all that needed to be done was to make raids 10 man (in that case, same raids, just two versions). Rift might as well learn in advance and make 10 man raids.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zubi View Post
    My proposition is more 10 man instances with tokens and legendaries included, becouse smaller guild cant group 20 ppl always. Some guilds dont wonna merge and they stuck on t1/t2 instances. Bigger guilds 20 man raids, 10 man for smaller with same rewards. And at last i thing that new 10 man instance is kinda too hard for normal/casual players.
    There's no way this should happen. If the rewards for 10 man instance are the same for 20 man instance, then no one would run a 20 man. Everyone would split up into two 10 man raids and get double the loot.
    I think there should be some 10 man group content, but the rewards should be noticeably not as good as 20 man raid.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by kxizm View Post
    There's no way this should happen. If the rewards for 10 man instance are the same for 20 man instance, then no one would run a 20 man. Everyone would split up into two 10 man raids and get double the loot.
    I think there should be some 10 man group content, but the rewards should be noticeably not as good as 20 man raid.
    Ie. Keep it like it is now.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Shadowlander

Ok so 10 man instances but 2tokens to buy one T3 from 10 man. 20 man one token. I agree with that.. people will split to 10man didnt notice that.
    Last edited by Zubi; 06-08-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Shadowlander

I forgot oranges from 10 man 50% chance to drop.

Shadowlander

Here is what is going to happen if Trion does not change this. Only a small portion of Rift players will raid, because only a small portion will have the dedication, and be in guilds that are large enough and dedicated enough, to run 20 man raids. Some will quit, others will be frustrated. Then Trion will over-react, try to make the game easier to get people through the content.

10 man raids are so much easier to assemble than 20, and maintaining a smaller guild does not take the organizational skills.

The simple solution here is for Trion to learn from WOW, who found this out the hard way. There are a couple different ways to handle the different raids--20 mans can drop higher level loot, as was the case in WOW in Wrath, or they can drop proportionally more loot, as is the case in WOW in Cata. I personally favor the first, as it still gives a reason to run 20 mans, and also lets you raid twice weekly if that is your thing. Having a 10 man version let's folks in smaller guilds learn the raids, and then come together to do 20's.

I really think this is a big deal. I think WOW's decline stems from when they over-reacted to not enough people seeing content in BC, and I think 10 man raids was all they needed to do.

You all really can't scrape together 20 people you can tolerate long enough to run a raid with?

Thank god you never played EQ1.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Shadowlander

I did play EQ1--I think the biggest raid I was in had 186 people, back in the planes of power.

On the flip side, I quit EQ, and the reason I quit was exactly because of the constant stress and hassle of keeping up with a 40-50 man raiding guild. I would log on each evening, waste time because there weren't enough people on to raid but folks wanted to raid, so we weren't going to just farm--and then wind up staying up an hour later than I wanted to each night because we had a raid going.

I never did 25 man raids in WOW BC. I did in Wrath, and I think the difference was 10 man raids existed. So folks knew the raids from the 10 mans, and could then join up for 25 mans without having to actually be in a dedicated 25 man raiding guild.

I know the guild I am in now is unlikely to get 20 folks together on a consistent basis.

Would love to just 10 and 20 man versions of existing raids. Our guild has felt like a yoyo since release, we are constantly up and down from 15-25 members from just people leaving the game.
    Crowl - Bahmi Justicar/Shaman/Purifier Tank
    Aramon Alshan 32 Riftstalker/34 Nightblade PVP setup
    Sunrest RP-PVP
    Foe's Watch

Telaran

we need another 10m raid with the next patch patch if it can be bundled with the new pvp content as well this would be great trion!

/signed

I 100% would like to see 10man Raids as it has been stated over & over again on lots of MMOs that yes we can get together large Raids but in doing so it starts off alot of Drama & makes everything very stressful for those trying to get this to happen, that's why alot of Guild try to stay with just there mate RL or Online & keep things small. Added the fact that in end game content players if they don't get to do these things that will always quit the game/MMO 90% of the time so then you are lousing player base which makes it even harder to do these Raids.

Myself I have been Raid ready Rogue Tank & Dps in full T2 for both Roles & only seen the GSB Raid once in a Pug & around 15 of those 20 that went no longer play Rift or re-roled on other servers or on the other side, I know I could have done this also but my mates are on Sparkwing server & we have been working hard to get our guild to GSB but every time we have the numbers players just quit Rift or tell us there going to Re-role on another server/side. I have come close to quiting Rift many times but my mates are the only things keeping me here atm, I really enjoyed Rift as I was leveling & doing the experts for the first time but now after doing experts for what seems like the 1000th time its just meh! SO please ADD 10MAN RAIDS!!

CPU: AMD PhenomX4 B45 GPU: GTX260 HDD: ATA 640GB RAM: DDR3 4GB Os: Win7 64bit Display: 1920x1080

Soulwalker

Default More 10 Man Content Please

I would also like to see more 10-man content. Our guild has also been through the yo-yo effect where people have either left to join a monster guild or quit playing because they are bored. We have tried working with other guilds on our server and it ends up being a lot of drama and our people are always treated second rate and overlooked when it comes to loot because their guildies takes preference. We have tried to increase our own numbers and have been running guildies to gear them up so we can Raid. The problem is, we are losing more senior members while trying to get enough people. Not to mention, it is really difficult to get 20 raid ready people together on a consistent basis and this may be just our server. Even the guilds that we have been running with that have sign up calendars and lots of organization, end up pugging out slots just to get enough people. We have tried PUGing out our own groups for content, but that almost never ends well. The Rifts are great and we enjoy them but it would be nice to start making real progress through some Raids with our guildies.

Plane Walker

may be somthing like this :

a 10 man instance dropping the top gear from the gear that also drops in T2.
    maybe exact same drops, or maybe re skinned with exact same stats.
    bosses also drop 2 tokens just like T2

last bos in the raid drops a raid token.

a nice place for a small guild to start out while they wait and help the others in their guild to gear till they have 20 good to go

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Murrog View Post
    I did play EQ1--I think the biggest raid I was in had 186 people, back in the planes of power.

On the flip side, I quit EQ, and the reason I quit was exactly because of the constant stress and hassle of keeping up with a 40-50 man raiding guild. I would log on each evening, waste time because there weren't enough people on to raid but folks wanted to raid, so we weren't going to just farm--and then wind up staying up an hour later than I wanted to each night because we had a raid going.

I never did 25 man raids in WOW BC. I did in Wrath, and I think the difference was 10 man raids existed. So folks knew the raids from the 10 mans, and could then join up for 25 mans without having to actually be in a dedicated 25 man raiding guild.

I know the guild I am in now is unlikely to get 20 folks together on a consistent basis.
    The vast majority of guilds in WoW don't and those few that do are generally full of inept players invited simply because they said "LF GUILD" in a general channel. So the 10-man raids end up being harder than 25-man, even though the loot isn't as good.

Near the end of WoTLK, Blizz basically just scaled the raid bosses back a bit and awarded the same loot, just different amounts. Most bosses dropped two pieces of gear in 10-mans and five pieces in 25-mans. I think that was an excellent idea, and wouldn't have minded them scaling it even further down to 5-man raiding.

No one should have to raid with inept children facerolling through every encounter if they don't want to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast