+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift needs urgently new pvp content like RVR

Default Rift needs urgently new pvp content like RVR

I see that the game with all good things made still cannot hold many insterest on me and on players atleast on my shard wich is almost empty it is very hard to find a group even for t2 .

I too i`m not so interested Rift can`t hold me online and playing . Now i am thinking should i wait to see next patch .

I suggest to rift devs to put in rift more content for pvpers and for pve minded players .

And do it fast .

Faction grinding stupid quests no thank you this is a bad design no one needs boring quests .

pvp faction grinding is better .

So new content nearly every month isn't enough?

Would you rather they rush out RvR content and end up with something like WAR?
    With Faith and Fury I fight on.

Opinions, opinions.

Yeah, I would like to see RvR style content but it is not a "game saver" considering Rift Is actually doing quite well.

There are other things that would be far better improvements at this time. Lateral advancement, more quests, cross-faction grouping and sharing of existing content, player housing, bidirectional mentoring, putting more top level harvesting nodes outside instances to name a few.

Rift is not a PvP centric game. PvP is a feature but not a focus. PvE, whether you want to accept it or not, is the design focus. PvE needs a bit more polish. After that RvR should definitely hit the table and enter proper thoughtful and cautious development. Anything less than a year before hitting test would be too fast for RvR.
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

Foamy tells it like it is!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ayenn View Post
    Opinions, opinions.

Yeah, I would like to see RvR style content but it is not a "game saver" considering Rift Is actually doing quite well.

There are other things that would be far better improvements at this time. Lateral advancement, more quests, cross-faction grouping and sharing of existing content, player housing, bidirectional mentoring, putting more top level harvesting nodes outside instances to name a few.

Rift is not a PvP centric game. PvP is a feature but not a focus. PvE, whether you want to accept it or not, is the design focus. PvE needs a bit more polish. After that RvR should definitely hit the table and enter proper thoughtful and cautious development. Anything less than a year before hitting test would be too fast for RvR.
    Cross faction grouping makes no sense according to the lore. You are asking a defiant to team up with a group that tried and almost succeeded in commiting GENOCIDE on them... You have a schism in the leadership to the point that if you DID team up with the other faction lore-wise neither side would trust either of you? Asha the leader of the Defiant had an assassination team go after her and they even have the evidence proving it with the orders...

So why would a defiant team up with the very people that seem bent on destroying their machines and their only hope? The defiant intro explains pretty much it all... if you saw yourself slaughtered and your children and grandchildren and cousins and all your friends slaughtered mercilessly and you were brought back to life saying "You can prevent this from happening..."

"You are the one who can help prevent the guardians from destroying Meridian and killing your friends and family." If someone killed me and my family and I could go back in time. No God or Army (well maybe an Army) would stop me from defeating the guardians and trusting them... **** THAT.

And mentoring bi-directional means like cross faction mentoring... see the above except why would you train the guardians who are on the path to commit genocide once again?

The lore screams PvP and if you think the game is PvE centric then look at the Saga quests that REQUIRE you to PVP to advance. But in my mind this game is NEITHER PvP centric or PvE centric. Its just Player Centric.
    Last edited by Malagus; 06-06-2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: For more content

+ Reply to Thread