+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Make items purchased via AH BoA

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1

    Post Make items purchased via AH BoA

    It's probably just a matter of time until gold farmers/-sellers buy items from the auction house to resell them for more.

    If it is possible, I'd like to see that items purchased from the auction house become bind on account, so you can either use them or craft something else out of them (which should remove the BoA flag), but you can't just resell the item itself anymore, except to the vendors of course.

    Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Kreiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Horrible suggestion.
    Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Dereth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Terrible idea.

    Costs far outweigh any potential benefit.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default not going to work

    I understand why you are suggesting this - I know a lot of us have felt something should be done to manage the game's economy and some kind of control put on people who "play the auction house".

    I can't really see your suggestion would work, but perhaps a percentage (some of the nodes) of some materials that we collect (like ore) could be boa - even after smelting.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Vayra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    So I can't buy the mats I need and send them to the guild crafter? LOL

    No way, this has been brought up before, it was a horrible idea then, it is a horrible idea now.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Horrible idea. Would do no good whatsoever.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Morgaren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    101

    Default

    first that woud harm the economy because it is a completely legitimate way to make money, and second it would harm the economy because it would prevent people buying mats to trade to a crafter.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Have an item tagged with something so that once it has been on the AH, if it is relisted after changing hands from one account to another, the auction fee increases. This fee will continue to increase from buyer to buyer, so that if someone is just buying and relisting, their fees will increase as they do so. However if you are just relisting the same item over and over and it doesn't sell, then it won't increase in fee since you are still in possession of it. Eventually it will become too expensive for an auction house trader to make a profit.

    Perhaps when they do this they can reduce the fees we pay on stuff that has never been listed before.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Vayra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reevin View Post
    Have an item tagged with something so that once it has been on the AH, if it is relisted after changing hands from one account to another, the auction fee increases. This fee will continue to increase from buyer to buyer, so that if someone is just buying and relisting, their fees will increase as they do so. However if you are just relisting the same item over and over and it doesn't sell, then it won't increase in fee since you are still in possession of it. Eventually it will become too expensive for an auction house trader to make a profit.

    Perhaps when they do this they can reduce the fees we pay on stuff that has never been listed before.
    Why would they do this? Playing the AH is just as valid a game style as any other. If someone lists something very cheap, why should I be penalized by a higher listing fee than normal for putting it up at a higher price? (so long as it sells it's not an issue anyway since I only lose the money if I fail to sell)
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Why would they do this? Playing the AH is just as valid a game style as any other. If someone lists something very cheap, why should I be penalized by a higher listing fee than normal for putting it up at a higher price? (so long as it sells it's not an issue anyway since I only lose the money if I fail to sell)
    Because you are greedy. Don't buy something you don't need just because you want to rip someone else off.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander wa1210ck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reevin View Post
    Because you are greedy. Don't buy something you don't need just because you want to rip someone else off.
    And aren't we all greedy? Why list anything on the AH unless you want to make money? If you're not out to make money, vendor everything or whenever you list something on the AH, list it for 1s buy-out.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Vale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reevin View Post
    Because you are greedy. Don't buy something you don't need just because you want to rip someone else off.
    It's not ripping someone else off. it's playing the market. Simple supply and demand. If you don't want it at that price, don't buy it. If you think it's reasonable, buy it.

    No one if twisting your arm or holding a gun to your head, forcing you to pay the prices listed. If an item doesn't sell, the price will eventually come down.

    I see no need to artificially stifle the economy simply because you don't have money, or know how to obtain it.

    The folks that play day trader on the AH are working with a valid game mechanic. Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't give you the right to dictate how they can play, especially given that they aren't exploiting or otherwise breaking the rules.
    Server issues? Check here first - http://www.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/

  13. #13
    Champion Turrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Sooo.... Since it is being greedy to buy somthing and put it back up they should be penalized for regularly selling a certain item for ~15 plat when some bozo puts the same item for about 1 plat. Is that really being greedy? The way I look at it, if somthing like that is not taken care of in some form then it has some potential to forever skew the regular price as more people are exposed to it as more people find that the price to expect. In theory it would eventually make the entire auction house non-proffiable. Crazy prices, like 100 plat for a level 20 item are senarios that are exempted. THAT you could undercut drasticly for all I care (preferably not unreasonably low pricing). Now I am not saying I support people who play the market but rather, I don't find this to be a good idea.
    Last edited by Turrant; 06-06-2011 at 12:44 PM. Reason: obvious spelling eror...

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Do a search for this on YouTube:

    "Reach World of Warcraft Gold cap in 4 weeks"

    Watch a few videos. That's where this game is headed if you keep up that attitude.

    Price Gouging is a crime. On a side note, it's really only possible because of gold farmers. People wouldn't be able to get anyone to buy at those ridiculous prices if it weren't for the fact they already have 1k plat from a farmer.
    Last edited by Reevin; 06-06-2011 at 01:30 PM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Vayra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reevin View Post
    Do a search for this on YouTube:

    "Reach World of Warcraft Gold cap in 4 weeks"

    Watch a few videos. That's where this game is headed if you keep up that attitude.

    Price Gouging is a crime. On a side note, it's really only possible because of gold farmers. People wouldn't be able to get anyone to buy at those ridiculous prices if it weren't for the fact they already have 1k plat from a farmer.
    A crime in parts of the US under civil emergencies. And even then it would I believe only apply to essential goods such as food and water.

    But you see, there is this wonderful thing called supply and demand, if I put something up for a higher price than I bought it for and it sells then there is enough demand for the item to give it that price. And if there is a low supply but high demand people are willing to pay more. And don't forget that these "price gougers" are taking a significant economic risk if they want to make serious money off it. They have to first buy up EVERY ITEM listed below the price they want and then list it again at their desired price. Now, if this is too high they won't sell and are out a lot of cash and they might even be forced to sell it at a lower price than they bought it for if people aren't willing to pay as much any more. And all the while they are doing this they have to constantly buy up the items others are listing for a more reasonable price, driving their costs up further. So the only thing these price gougers will accomplish in a healthy system is keeping prices at an acceptable level and weeding out the idiots listing items at ridiculously low prices (and making a tidy profit off it).
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts