+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Cast Sequence Macro

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    198

    Default Cast Sequence Macro

    Alright, I would just like to start a friendly discussion about peopleís opinions of /castsequence macros. I am not going to shove my personal views down your throat, and I hope you will do me the same kindness! ^_^

    Well, just to start it off; I feel they should be implemented, or maybe re implemented I suppose.

    I have read through all the debate about what happened prior to BETA 6 with people delaying GCD's to fire several spells at once (fifty fireballs in your face! HAHA! >.>) But this isn't what I'm looking for, would definitely be funny, but doesn't currently suite my needs. All I had hoped for was a way to free up some hotkey space by binding all of my Archon Aura buffs to one key I'd just have to click 5 times, nothing game changing, just a matter of person preference.
    It's a little like how 5*1=5 and 1+1+1+1+1=5, I can click five separate buttons once each to get all of my aura buffs up, or I can click a single button 5 times and free up some space! (As I said, personal preference! I like my buff button(s) over my 1-5 keys, but I also like to keep my "OH GOD! DEATH! /cry" button(s) near there too. )

    So, now letís hear your opinions, I'm a little curious... please no flaming I didn't attempt to harass you through this, saying my method is superior (which it likely isn't, just preference!!), I just stated my reasons for wanting this and that is it. Thanks for reading!
    Harbinger Livandira, Hand of the Arcane

    Main Spec Arbiter of <Jynxed>
    2/4 BoB 4/4 Mini Bosses Down

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    198

    Default little more testing

    On the Archon topic it is possible to "sort of" make a castsequence macro of sorts with Earthern Barrage, Volcanic Bomb, and Surging Flare. Since the first ability is on CD, it goes to the second, after thats cast it goes to the third, and such. odd clicking a Macro thats on CD to get it to fire a different spell, but w/e.
    Harbinger Livandira, Hand of the Arcane

    Main Spec Arbiter of <Jynxed>
    2/4 BoB 4/4 Mini Bosses Down

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Livandria View Post
    Alright, I would just like to start a friendly discussion about peopleís opinions of /castsequence macros. I am not going to shove my personal views down your throat, and I hope you will do me the same kindness! ^_^

    Well, just to start it off; I feel they should be implemented, or maybe re implemented I suppose.

    I have read through all the debate about what happened prior to BETA 6 with people delaying GCD's to fire several spells at once (fifty fireballs in your face! HAHA! >.>) But this isn't what I'm looking for, would definitely be funny, but doesn't currently suite my needs. All I had hoped for was a way to free up some hotkey space by binding all of my Archon Aura buffs to one key I'd just have to click 5 times, nothing game changing, just a matter of person preference.
    It's a little like how 5*1=5 and 1+1+1+1+1=5, I can click five separate buttons once each to get all of my aura buffs up, or I can click a single button 5 times and free up some space! (As I said, personal preference! I like my buff button(s) over my 1-5 keys, but I also like to keep my "OH GOD! DEATH! /cry" button(s) near there too. )

    So, now letís hear your opinions, I'm a little curious... please no flaming I didn't attempt to harass you through this, saying my method is superior (which it likely isn't, just preference!!), I just stated my reasons for wanting this and that is it. Thanks for reading!
    Would really like this too, to save up button space and for faster buffing up om wfs.

  4. #4
    Shadowlander Shaitan051's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    I would love to have /castsequence. I have tiny girl hands (well, a younger girl)

    As for a "friendly" discussion, don't count on it. There's 2 sides: Us vs "One button one ability" guys who call us noobs and botters while themselves using the previously mentioned pseudo-castsequence.
    I lurk because I hate you.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    86

    Default

    I think that idea would work.

    The whole idea behind not allowing one macro to issue more than one command is to prevent players from making one button handles all play style.

    /multimacro
    /default cast buff one (right clicking the macro button instead of pressing it's key or left clicking will switch the first ability used back to the default or first ability)
    /party "Buffing <target>."
    /second if <target> has mana, cast buff two, if not advance to third
    /third if <target> has energy, cast buff three, if not advance to fourth
    /fourth cast buff four
    /fifth cast buff five
    /setalarm 28min, Announce "Buffs Expiring"
    /reset multimacro

    The macro will only advance if the action suceeds. Sorry if I didn't explain that right I haven't actually used macros in Rift, but a sequence like this would work without making it a one button does everything command. If people still don't like that idea perhaps only make it work with 3 that would still be useful and also not over simplify things.
    Best moment in Rift: I "broke wind" in real life. Seconds later a message crossed my screen, "The smell of decay fills the air."

  6. #6
    Soulwalker Ziffnabb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Personally while the drop down sequence works well for some classes most of the souls I play it doesn't work well because most of the ablities are not on cooldown. I'd love to see a /castsequence macro ablity or some of the ablities adjusted to have significantly longer durrations having to recast 4 spells every 15 seconds is really mind numbing really when all i'm doing is casting 1 2 3 4 555 1 2 3 4 555. A cast sequence macro functionality would help a ton with the disparity of souls that have excelent drop down macroablity and ones that have nearly none.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Well they need to do like (a certain other game) and make those single target buffs hit the entire party when you cast.
    Best moment in Rift: I "broke wind" in real life. Seconds later a message crossed my screen, "The smell of decay fills the air."

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default

    This x1000, I'd like one for a Necromancer. Theres no difference hitting buttons 1,2,3 vs 1,1,1.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    Personally I'd like to see the Macro section changed to be more limited. Something along the lines of 'Only one ability per macro that causes a GCD timer'. That way you could still macro all your Off-GCD abilities into all your other attacks, but it would require some thought to do things. Any spell/ability which requries you to wait a GCD would require it's own button, or you wouldn't be able to use it.

    As it stands, a mage who has a 16 button rotation that includes toggling things to manage charge, building up and maintaining 2 different stacks of 2 different debuffs on a mob, as well as another 2 debuffs they have to watch and still managing to cast their other spells, all while making sure their pet is casting the right spells and attacking the right mobs... yeah that mage gets about the same DPS as a warrior/cleric can get with 1 button.

    There's a thread on the warrior forums detailing how a warrior pulled 2k DPS on a raid fight with ONE BUTTON. My cleric friend copy+pasted a macro and build form the cleric forums and is pulling 900 DPS in quested gear with a 7p 2 handed hammer he bought from the AH... and ONE BUTTON. He doesn't know what any of his abilities do, and he doesn't need to. That just shouldn't be possible.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

    I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Dourgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    416

    Default

    I want a company to build a piano that has one button. I can program all the music into that one button and press it repeatedly. But that's not easier than learning the instrument so no one should complain.
    Thanks for the haircuts.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker Dourgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    Personally I'd like to see the Macro section changed to be more limited. Something along the lines of 'Only one ability per macro that causes a GCD timer'. That way you could still macro all your Off-GCD abilities into all your other attacks, but it would require some thought to do things. Any spell/ability which requries you to wait a GCD would require it's own button, or you wouldn't be able to use it.

    As it stands, a mage who has a 16 button rotation that includes toggling things to manage charge, building up and maintaining 2 different stacks of 2 different debuffs on a mob, as well as another 2 debuffs they have to watch and still managing to cast their other spells, all while making sure their pet is casting the right spells and attacking the right mobs... yeah that mage gets about the same DPS as a warrior/cleric can get with 1 button.

    There's a thread on the warrior forums detailing how a warrior pulled 2k DPS on a raid fight with ONE BUTTON. My cleric friend copy+pasted a macro and build form the cleric forums and is pulling 900 DPS in quested gear with a 7p 2 handed hammer he bought from the AH... and ONE BUTTON. He doesn't know what any of his abilities do, and he doesn't need to. That just shouldn't be possible.
    Link for the mentioned warrior thread by any chance? Did the OP claim that or post video etc?
    Thanks for the haircuts.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander Shaitan051's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dourgen View Post
    I want a company to build a piano that has one button. I can program all the music into that one button and press it repeatedly. But that's not easier than learning the instrument so no one should complain.
    Wow 8 posts before someone whipped out the "one button" argument despite you already being ably to chain your cooldowns and Autohotkey being allowed (a program that lets you hit a key and have your abilities automatically loop over and over until you turn it off)
    A new record!

    The "One button one ability" argument is a dead horse. A dead, rotten, and completely moot horse.
    I lurk because I hate you.

  13. #13
    Plane Walker Dourgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaitan051 View Post
    Wow 8 posts before someone whipped out the "one button" argument despite you already being ably to chain your cooldowns and Autohotkey being allowed (a program that lets you hit a key and have your abilities automatically loop over and over until you turn it off)
    A new record!

    The "One button one ability" argument is a dead horse. A dead, rotten, and completely moot horse.
    Why is it dead? Because you don't like it? My point is macros make the game easier, hence needing less skill. If they made it anything but easier, no one would use them. If the argument is moot, then it is because the argument for it (having to press fewer buttons, removing opportunities to make mistakes, simplifies rotation etc) is exactly the same as the argument against (easy mode).

    If you or someone else has another argument for why a game should have macros that allow you to use multiple abilities with one button I'm honestly all ears.
    Thanks for the haircuts.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander Shaitan051's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    How did you respond to my comment when apparently you didn't read a word of it?

    You can already stick all your reaction abilities and abilities with cooldowns into a one button macro. /castsequence would simply let us add instants without resorting to the previously mentioned program.

    (A thirdparty program that is one step away from botting is ok but jeebus forbid we get /castsequence )
    To reuse my simile from the old castsequence topic: Saying /castsequence is unfair/cheap while you can do that (the cooldown macro) is like saying "Cars are bad for you we should all walk" while sitting in a go-kart. It may not be a car but you sure aren't walking.
    I lurk because I hate you.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dourgen View Post
    Link for the mentioned warrior thread by any chance? Did the OP claim that or post video etc?
    He psoted a screenie of ACT. No video. Will find link.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

    I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts