+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Different tank pet for Rogues: Bear please

Default Different tank pet for Rogues: Bear please

The Razorbeast is a great tank pet, but please, can we have a pet that looks good, too? I just really dislike the look of the purple pig, and I'm not sure why a pig was chosen over something more obvious, like a bear. Bear says "tank" to me, and off-hand, I can think of nothing more appropriate. Just not a purple bear. :-p

Thank you.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

My razorback's name is Porkchop.

Your argument is invalid.

Soulwalker

If he had a bear, He could name it Grylls.
    Your arguement as been invalidated.

Sez

Ever notice the fact that there are NO bears in Rift?

Oh, and this has been discussed before. The next step is going into the whole Dungeons & Dragons verson of the "Ranger" class Vs WoWs bastardized Hunter and his Pokemon style pets.

Both will be brought up, someone will get their feelings hurt, then this thread will be forgotten.

Edit after reading Ayenn's post: Oh thats right, I forgot the people who have actually met a boar IRL will support their tenacity as a solid tank. Boars are nasty creatures
    Last edited by Sez; 06-08-2011 at 04:48 PM.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

OP, do you understand how overwhelmingly durable a boar is? That is not a "pig", it is a boar. If I had to choose I'd tangle with a boar over a bear any day. I at least have a chance of dodging the bear.
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

Foamy tells it like it is!

Telaran

Perhaps have choices of pet?

Razorbeast = medium armor, medium damage, medium health (round about mean)
    Bear = high armor, low damage (high threat), high health (a tank but not a damage dealer)
    Lion = low armor, low health, high damage (low threat) (for using in parties, where you don't wan't your poor creature taking agro from the tank and getting one shotted by an elite.

I like the fact we don't have a huge customization system for our pets like WoW, but I'd like to see some options. I want to be able to choose what pet I'm using. The boar is good for round about leveling and damaging, but a bear could be pulled out for times when you are trying to take an elite solo, or a huge group, and the cat would just be our solution to using a pet in a dungeon.
    Best moment in Rift: I "broke wind" in real life. Seconds later a message crossed my screen, "The smell of decay fills the air."

Quote Originally Posted by Reevin View Post
    Perhaps have choices of pet?

Razorbeast = medium armor, medium damage, medium health (round about mean)
    Bear = high armor, low damage (high threat), high health (a tank but not a damage dealer)...
    Let me educate you on wild life. A wild boar does not care how much punishment you deal to it. It will keep on attacking you until it drops, like a hulk smacked out on ***.

A bear however is not as ferocious as you may think. A normal man can scare a bear off with a loud noise or a smack to it's snout with a large stick. Now if a bear were to attack you, it would stop if you can manage to gouge one of their eyes or wound it gravely.

As deadly as a bear may be, you are far more likely to survive a bear attack than a boar attack from a boar of the largest variety like Russian or Romanian, which can weigh up to 300kg. (661 lbs.).

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    Bear says "tank" to me, and off-hand, I can think of nothing more appropriate.
    i can...

a boar....

bears aren't very tank-like, they're just big...

+ Reply to Thread