+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Level 50s in Lowbie Zones

Soulwalker

Default Level 50s in Lowbie Zones

Suggestion: force them to join the public groups. It's just getting silly. Either that or change the title of the game to "Watch a level 50 solo rifts"

Rift Disciple

Stop giving them any rewards at all including faction from rifts that aren't green in level for them. This would definitely get them out the area. I've had to skip several rifts as a lowbie because the 50 closes them all on their own. This is pretty annoying and it shouldn't be that way all for 2 planarite and a minor amount of faction so they can get their lures.

Soulwalker

Agreed. I'd even expand it to level 30-50 for Freemarch. It's one thing that you can get the same quest results from any level rift, but then there are the people running around obviously not interested in anything but griefing.

I saw the same level 50 cleric last night at every rift I went to. Tagging mobs, taking them down before I could even get a hit in. It just made me want to avoid rifts altogether. Sure, I get 2 planarite if I can manage to damage a mob before it dies, but where's the fun in that. There is also a considerable amount of xp to be gained, which the level 50 doesn't even get or need.

This happened to me lastnight. Rolled up tp a death rift and was like "ooh a rift to close, hope there are a couple of people here to help out" and there stands a level 45 warrior 1 shotting everything. All the mobs are gray to me and I get nothing. Also when major invasions happen, high level peeps take down the bosses in less than a minute.

On my server we constantly have people complaining that the high level people won't leave Meridian and help clear invasions and the mess they leave behind.

The reason why they aren't joining public groups is because they can't if they are queued in the LFD tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Even if you make them not award anything to higher level people, it won't completely solve your problem. There are lots of achievements involving rifts in every zone.
    Nymaeria < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Cleric (Sentinel/Warden/Justicar) on Briarcliff
    Rhendali < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Rogue (Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Ranger) on Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by Andira View Post
    Stop giving them any rewards at all including faction from rifts that aren't green in level for them.
    This, and don't forget to make it so that we can't get Planar Charges for low level rifts. This change would liven up the game because more level 50's would be in high level zones and there would be more world PvP and rift raiding, it would also let lower level players actually rift without getting their zones invaded by level 50's on +120% speed mounts.

But please, for the love of gods, make sure there are plenty of world event rifts in every zone, like limit the number of non-event related invasions or something. If there's a water event, scale the probability of water rifts opening way up there, and make sure most of the invasions are water invasions. Otherwise going to a level 50 zone only to find tons of non-event rifts and invasions will just make the event tedious and frustrating.

Telaran

I actually have never seen this problem on my server. If anything we LACK 50s. We fail invasion multiple times because we don't have anyone high enough level to tank the bosses or protect the wardstone. It's happened so many times already it annoys me. Rift has scaled the HP of all this low end stuff so that it is somewhat challenging to a 50, but denying them any rewards would murder the rest of us who are on level and want to complete.

I suggest that when a 50 enters a rift zone they can clear it as a 50 but then they get absolutly NO reward. Even planar charges. However. If they should choose to close it because they need stuff from it then there should be a consequence. An option pops up which you can accept, which reduces your stats to that of a level where the rift is still green to you. If it's a level 15 rift, your stats will reduce to the equivalence of say a level 21 or 22. To make 50s even want to do this, make it so that you get like 20% increased drops while fighting this way, but the loot gained should not be greater than what they could make from a rift that is actually on their level, but I don't think that would be a problem since the random loot that drops wouldn't be that high either.

Also they just need to fix the fact you can't join an invasion party, while in a LFD or LFG que. Fix that first.

But otherwise:
    Stat reduction, increased rewards.

Rifts would then again become challenging since you can't own them.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rhendali View Post
    Even if you make them not award anything to higher level people, it won't completely solve your problem. There are lots of achievements involving rifts in every zone.
    Just make it so the players have to join the public groups. Seeing as it takes about 2 minutes tops for a high level player to take down a lowbie rift, I'm sure they can work around the LFD/LFG issue. Budget your time; prioritize your objectives.

Remember half the level 50's will not be able to group because they are not your faction.

In starter areas this might be even more, most %0's need to do less toping off of achievements in there own starters than they do in the opposite factions. So you are left with less than half, of those, a good number will be in LFD and won't leave every few mins.

I've been spending a lot of time in the other factions starters recently. I picked rifts of here and there when they were quiet and got the defenders finished. There still is the odd thing to do invasion wise but not a lot, it is usually appreciated helping out a little here and there.

I ignore rifts now while camping the last rares (well one left) but every so often someone will start on a rift, solo or duo. I watch and jump in only if it looks like a wipe or a time is going to run out. I get great pleasure in intervening and changing what would have been at best a timer fail to a successful unstable closure.

I try to tag as few as I can and turn the tide with as little help as I can. Every time I help and see a Planarite Apprentice Achievment pop up makes it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Yes, please tell me how to do my zone rift achievments if I can't close your rifts. Why do I have to be in your group anyway? So you can mooch off me doing all the work? I don't think so.

Sorry, it's just the way it is.

Soulwalker

Well i'm 50 and i do close low level rifts just to get my 3 charges up for Medic/CoA...

Plane Walker

lvl 50's are pretty much the ONLY reason invasions get done.

every time an invasion gets completed? yep half the work done by lvl 50's

every time an invasion fails? no-one in the zone is closing rifts.

it seems about half the people think: "well, if it's not coming to me then it's not worth doing...."
    Last edited by twistinthunder; 06-07-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by keiren View Post
    Yes, please tell me how to do my zone rift achievments if I can't close your rifts. Why do I have to be in your group anyway? So you can mooch off me doing all the work? I don't think so.

Sorry, it's just the way it is.
    What is happening in the max level zones that you have to come to Freemarch? Is it that dull? Are there no rifts for you? Or are they just too difficult?

Re: moochers. We are people in the proper zone for our level, who don't want the content ninja'd by a high level toon with nothing better to do. Don't blame the lowbies if you're bored. Want your achievement? Fine. Group with the people who are in the proper zone for their level. As of now, you're just "wah, I want my achievement, get these lowbies out of my way."

So the suggestion now is: make the rift achievements level specific. Level 50? Cool, you have to get your rift achievements from high level rifts, not from level 10 rifts.

I agree partially...

If a level 30+ player has no reason to be closing a rift (no quests, achievements, etc.) then they should not get diddly, and they would have to join public groups. If, however, there is something in their logs that require them to do it, let em close the rifts by theirselves.

As far as mooching? Who the f*** cares? What does it hurt for a level 50 to take 5 minutes to close a rift with a few hanger's on? Hell, I would do it just because I actually DON'T MIND HELPING PEOPLE.
    Last edited by Renna; 06-07-2011 at 07:10 AM.
    "If you argue for your limitations, you get to keep them" - Richard Bach
    "Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness..." - Anonymous

Great list of help for new players! Click Here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast