+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Entry Level Raid; Trion's Greatest Failure

Default Entry Level Raid; Trion's Greatest Failure

As far as I know my suggestion will not be do-able. But I want to point this out AS a suggestion because this isn't a QQ, it is a discussion point that I think many people would agree with.

Generally - my suggestion is simple: Entry Level Raid Zone.

Now, let me explain what I mean. I am going to be using a very well known example from a game not many of you like to hear about, but this one zone stands out as quite possibly the best raid zone in any MMO of all time. Kara from The Burning Crusade/WoW.

When BC was first released you had to get attuned for this raid zone, getting the key forced you to run heroic version dungeons and perhaps pick up a few peices of gear along the way. To get into those heroic versions you had to have the key from the rep vendor, which at that point required a Revered status to obtain. This forced you to have SOME gear before entering into Kara. Yet it was nothing like the mindless crawl that is Rift at the moment.

Rift was fine the way it was before with the dailies potentially giving you 200+ plaques per week if you were to do your t1 and t2 dungeon. Frankly, I personally cannot stand doing the same dungeons over and over again, and forcing me to spend up to a month just to get the gear to enter into Greenscale is a bit much.

Instead of just 'upping' the Plaque drops, I suggest either A) make one of the existing raids an entry level raid. Dumb down the stats to T2 equivalent on the items. B) create a new zone with the same t2 stats as my first suggestion.

Why is this important? As far as I am concerned, I play MMO's to raid. While bashing my face off grinding elite dungeons might be fun for some, and those same people will just say I am QQ'ing about having to 'work' for my gear, let me point out that I am only one of 20 people that need to go through the same process for a successful group.

There are tons of raiders in this game that got the drop on everyone else by having dailies basically drop plaques on them. They had the easy road. I rerolled on a new server and hit 50 the day before the changes to the system with the LFG tool. This tool has done squat for me as I refuse not to run with my guild. LFG, especially with the TIME COMMITMENT needed to gear an entire guild is a complete waste of time unless your guild group is lacking a healer or a tank or an extra dps.

I play MMO's to raid. Give us a raid that you can do when you hit 50, instead of 2 months later when your guild gets the gear to go.
    ||There is no patch for human stupidity||

Quote Originally Posted by Shokenaw View Post
    When BC was first released you had to get attuned for this raid zone, getting the key forced you to run heroic version dungeons and perhaps pick up a few peices of gear along the way. To get into those heroic versions you had to have the key from the rep vendor, which at that point required a Revered status to obtain. This forced you to have SOME gear before entering into Kara. Yet it was nothing like the mindless crawl that is Rift at the moment.
    Most players didn't get to play Kara, almost none got through Sunwell.

WotLK it took *5* months to get a raid of mostly level 80s to finish Sunwell. Previous attempts had them dying like flies as they treated it like a level 70 dungeon...only to find the trash hit as hard as the ICC bosses. No 30% buffs, either.

My most favorite WoW raid is Sunwell. Didn't need the stupidity that Cata brought, it was just tough to begin with (and still is) and without the flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne View Post
    Most players didn't get to play Kara, almost none got through Sunwell.

WotLK it took *5* months to get a raid of mostly level 80s to finish Sunwell. Previous attempts had them dying like flies as they treated it like a level 70 dungeon...only to find the trash hit as hard as the ICC bosses. No 30% buffs, either.

My most favorite WoW raid is Sunwell. Didn't need the stupidity that Cata brought, it was just tough to begin with (and still is) and without the flash.
    Sorry, I wasn't referring to Wrath-babies at all.

Naxx in Wrath was an entry level raid.

UBRS and ZG were entry level raids in Vanilla

How about you stay on point. KK?
    ||There is no patch for human stupidity||

+ Reply to Thread