+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Guild Halls.

Soulwalker

Default Suggestion: Guild Halls.

With the guild perks and guild quests, I figured Trion was trying to make guilds seem more in-depth as opposed to World of Warcraft's guild, which is just a big group of people who happen to be in the same chat at all times.

I figured a good idea would be a guild halls. I know my suggestion is one of a million other suggestions, but I would love to see this implemented into Rift.
    The guild hall should be something that is obtainable based on guild level, or through perks, and could be bought from the vendor.

Guild members could have something similar to Soul Recall added to their player abilities to teleport themselves into the Guild Hall. The spell should only be usable outside of combat, such as the Soul Recall.
    The Guild Hall could have upgrades, such as vendors, healers, crafting areas (Looms, Forges, etc.), trainers for classes and professions, and a guild bank.

Each of these upgrades could use a separate set of guild points, like the perk system uses. Every time the guild levels, Guild Hall points are rewarded along with perk points.
    These points can be spent on these upgrades.

Other upgrades that could be included could be how the guild hall looks. Different appearances cost a certain amount of platinum. The appearances could be based on how the inside of other areas in the game look - like inns, small areas inside Meridian, etc.

If anyone has any suggestion pertaining to this idea, feel free to post them. This was just something that crossed my mind and I figured I would make a thread simply because Rift is new, and I feel like the developers actually may care what their players thinks, as opposed to Devs from other MMO's.

It's a rough idea that could be though out with the help of the rest of the community. I don't know if other people agree this is a good idea, but I hope at least some people do, and could help make this idea come true.

Soulwalker

Aye. A good idea. However, I think it shouldn't have TOO high a level requirement. Purely considering that despite banks, and the like, this feature will probably be used more by RPers, who focus on RP instead of other things, will generally have lower level guilds.

I would think you get the hall at level 3 or something. Then at guild level 4 you start to unlock auction, bank, crafting, etc.
    Last edited by Rathuar; 06-04-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rathuar View Post
    Aye. A good idea. However, I think it shouldn't have TOO high a level requirement. Purely considering that despite banks, and the like, this feature will probably be used more by RPers, who focus on RP instead of other things, will generally have lower level guilds.

I would think you get the hall at level 3 or something. Then at guild level 4 you start to unlock auction, bank, crafting, etc.
    Perhaps the Guild Hall should be purchasable with platinum then?

Soulwalker

That would work as well. Or the Guild Hall is imminently there upon guild creation, just without vendors, etc.

Soulwalker

Perhaps...But that may leave some problems. Imagine the server as a sort of wall. Every time a character is created, its a tiny push against a wall. Every time a guild hall would be created, it would push a little harder against said wall. When said wall starts to have a crack, two things happen. One, I take this analogy way too far, and two, lag. Add the fact that every new guild would be creating these, and malicious intending people could lag the server. Level 3 or something means that they do have to work moderately for it, and show they have put some work into the guild, but it doesn't mean that they've spent ages on it.

Soulwalker

Another idea I had just talking with my boyfriend would be to have a guild auction house too, inside the guild hall.

Soulwalker

Perhaps...But that may leave some problems. Imagine the server as a sort of wall. Every time a character is created, its a tiny push against a wall. Every time a guild hall would be created, it would push a little harder against said wall. When said wall starts to have a crack, two things happen. One, I take this analogy way too far, and two, lag. Add the fact that every new guild would be creating these, and malicious intending people could lag the server. Level 3 or something means that they do have to work moderately for it, and show they have put some work into the guild, but it doesn't mean that they've spent ages on it.
    That makes sense. The reason I figured guild level would be better is because then we wont have idiots who buy platinum from gold farmers buying guild halls without putting forth any effort at all.
    Level 3 sounds reasonable.

Soulwalker

Aye, that too. Although, what could be possible is a mix of some other ideas.
    For one, these guild halls would have to be instanced. But, it might be possible to have PvP in there. Maybe just a small area designed for it. So that theres a quite small area, like a mini-warfront, where two guilds, (Providing they both have given their consent), can take foothold, fight, and just PvP for fun, without others involved.
    An interesting concept, at least.

Soulwalker

Aye, that too. Although, what could be possible is a mix of some other ideas.
    For one, these guild halls would have to be instanced. But, it might be possible to have PvP in there. Maybe just a small area designed for it. So that theres a quite small area, like a mini-warfront, where two guilds, (Providing they both have given their consent), can take foothold, fight, and just PvP for fun, without others involved.
    An interesting concept, at least.
    That sounds like something Trion could work on if they even consider this idea.
    It does sound interesting though.
    Different battleground types that are purchasable, and you can invite another guild to queue in the battleground.
    But then again it's alot of work, especially when they already have full size battlegrounds.

A small arena within the guild hall, just for players within the guild to fight in wouldn't be bad though.

Soulwalker

I'm not implying anything new/creative.
    Simply reduce the size of an existing one.
    By the way, wouldn't it be awesome if there was an element you could align with for the fight? For example, if you aligned life and the other death, with no real gameplay benefit, but when you had a foothold, the area around it changed like it does with a rift. The areas that have changed give you a 5% damage/healing/defense bonus if you're that element. So if I had 2/4 footholds as life, then half of the area would be covered with nice, lovely green grass, that gave me a buff while on it.

Soulwalker

I personally like the idea, an my whole guild is dying to have some type of storing system for the guild.

I like the idea of being able to walk into a room that has several chests, each chest for each type of profession. as the guild levels up, you can add addition tabs into those chests. either it becomes elgiable to purchase at a certian level, an cost so much.

Like the idea of being able to add a Banker, General Vendor, Auction House, and possible even profession trainers. And being able to add in Forges, Looms, and Workbenchs.

But regardless, any time of system would work, it sucks knowing the guild master is willing to give up one of her toons to improvise as a guild bank for everyone.

Soulwalker

We should keep this thread bumped so an admin or someone will see it.

Default Hello! since you asked~

There have been a couple of different threads on this - mine and Haliaeetus had to do with PvP/RvR but I think both were appropriate for this thread as well.

My Thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...e!-*Game-Idea*

Haliaeetus's Thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...Combat-and-RVR!

In your thread I don't like the idea of just giving it to the player/s. That just makes it too easy to obtain and doesn't give the structure and meaning to the players entailed therein. Make us build it, and be able to customise it how we want! Guilds that are "For the Guild!" will have epic guild halls, and it will be a new game to them, while those that are not, can still have a servicable guild hall with all that they want, but those that spend Time, Energy & Investment will have grandier creations than those who do not.

Also as someone pointed out in my thread and I agree with: Be careful about putting too much into a Guild Hall. If your guild halls are too awesome, then the player has no reason to go the city. Then you have Empty Capitals; which leads to "OMG this game is SOO Dead! only 6 peeps in the Main City at prime time" ect ect ect.
    Last edited by Zamrik; 06-05-2011 at 10:34 PM. Reason: additional thoughts
    http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/gallery/36315/sig_mix653Mid.jpg

Trion has talked a little bit about guild housing in some interviews, this is a great idea, but if it is gonna be implemented, I just want it to be done well, please dont rush it and screw it up
    Sanarra - Mage - Amardis
    Support Better World PvP

I am hoping for Guild Halls/Housing.

I would also like to see Castles and Zone raiding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast