+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why can't Runebreakers break their runes?

Shadowlander

Default Why can't Runebreakers break their runes?

Armorsmiths can salvage the armor they make to get back some of the mats so the can make more stuff and level their trade. Likewise Weaponsmiths and Outfitters. Why can Runebreakers break runes for mats to go back into more runes?

Soulwalker

Because runebreakers already get mats from runebreaking everything else. Also, wouldn't a runebreaker only make a rune when he/she needs it, then use it? As soon as possible? However, I would like to see this implemented. Its a good idea.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Rathuar View Post
    Because runebreakers already get mats from runebreaking everything else. Also, wouldn't a runebreaker only make a rune when he/she needs it, then use it? As soon as possible? However, I would like to see this implemented. Its a good idea.
    Runecrafters make just as many junk runes for skilling up as everyone else. Sometimes the best way to get to the next set of recipes is to make 10 block runes, which I've never had a use for.

Soulwalker

Ah. In that case, disregard my earlier comment. At least the firsts half. With that out the way, Aye. Trion, please implement this.

Don't think it's necessary at all.

A Runecrafter should have outfitting or have an outfitter alt or friend at least. We all get hordes of cloth for free.
    Runecraft mats can be tiered up so even if you don't have a surplus of cloth, go grind mobs at whatever level comfortable in mass, make gear, break gear, tier up mats level runecrafting. There is no overheads, it's quick and easy and the vendor price for your craft leveling runes is a bonus.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 06-04-2011 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Telaran

the opportunity cost for leveling runebreaking is actually pretty high, considering we don't auction the green gear we pick up or sell old gear to vendors. every time we runebreak a piece of (let's say level 20) BoE gear, that's 10-40g we're not getting from auctions. so there is an overhead, it's just not as visible an overhead as the other professions have.

i did take outfitting and runecrafting together, though. they're a perfect match.

Quote Originally Posted by horsethief View Post
    the opportunity cost for leveling runebreaking is actually pretty high, considering we don't auction the green gear we pick up or sell old gear to vendors. every time we runebreak a piece of (let's say level 20) BoE gear, that's 10-40g we're not getting from auctions. so there is an overhead, it's just not as visible an overhead as the other professions have.

i did take outfitting and runecrafting together, though. they're a perfect match.
    The only non crafted gear I would break is blues and epics. The value on non crafted gear favours vendoring.
    Cloth to crafted gear to RC mats is a lot more economical. Stick with that and vendor drops/replaced gear and it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathuar View Post
    This!
    Last edited by Delphya; 06-04-2011 at 02:19 PM.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

+ Reply to Thread