+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard weapon

Default Bard weapon

Since bards use music, why don't Trion add a new weapon.Let's call it a lute ( or guitar ).It will have the same stats as any bow/gun but it will give a passive effect on bard skills or something like that.Like for example a level 50 epic lute can increase the duration of all motifs by 9 seconds or increase the healing done by cadence by 21 or make the combo points given from power chord to 3.There may be lutes with other effects also.Like a legendary lute can have this - increases the healing from your next coda of restoration by 100 % ( 1 min cd).Also the weapon damage from lutes will be life or air(depending on the weapon). I know that this may sound ridiculous to some of you but think about it - a bard using his gun/bow to play music ?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Since bards use music, why don't Trion add a new weapon.Let's call it a lute ( or guitar ).It will have the same stats as any bow/gun but it will give a passive effect on bard skills or something like that.Like for example a level 50 epic lute can increase the duration of all motifs by 9 seconds or increase the healing done by cadence by 21 or make the combo points given from power chord to 3.There may be lutes with other effects also.Like a legendary lute can have this - increases the healing from your next coda of restoration by 100 % ( 1 min cd).Also the weapon damage from lutes will be life or air(depending on the weapon). I know that this may sound ridiculous to some of you but think about it - a bard using his gun/bow to play music ?
    They dont use the gun/bow. They use the trumpet and lute that is somehow hidden behind their back.
    Though, technically, we're ressurected from the dead. Realism doesn't work with MMOs. Bard skill are already using weapon damage. To do something like this, then you'd have to have every dagger give an increase to rogue skills. Every time I use a gun, my marksman skills would have to get a buff. It simply wouldn't balance sufficiently, considering they'd have to fix all the legendary bows/guns to do the same. This, and putting such an item into the game would take a chunk of Trion's time, which, sadly, could be spent with other things. It is a nice idea, but one that I doubt Trion would take up. And because of the time which could be spent on other things, and not due to other reasons, I'd prefer it if they didn't.
    Last edited by Rathuar; 06-04-2011 at 06:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread