+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spell System Suggestion

Soulwalker

Default Spell System Suggestion

Hello all I have several Suggestions to the Spell system. Actually in all honestry Powers overall. To start I will say I realize that alot of this stuff probably would not be implemented untill after an expansion... but still would be nice. So here goes.

1. Addition of More class defining UTILITY powers. IE stuff used outside of combat. Buffs like Spirit of the Wolf (All you old school EQers) which was a run buff. Could be good in and out of combat. Teleport Spells for different classes. Example would be something like a Pyro being able to do a spell like RIFT call.. where they can open their map and Rift to a Fire rift that might be open. Necromancer same thing for Death Rift. THis could aide somewhat in travel. Be creative. Druids could do Natures Rift Call, same with Chloromancer. Give Paladins the Summon Warhorse ability. A high level Fast Armored Warhorse that they can actually fight while mounted. Only useable outdoors. When they use it, they get bonuses to Armor and Hitpoints. Call of Hero type spell anyone, being able to call your group mates to you is a tremendous ability.

2. How about some new powers that arent just given to you. Spells and powers that have to be quested. Or can only drop off certain bosses. I remember back to EQ1 (early days) when you could only find certain spells at certain spell vendors. You actually would travel the world looking for the spells and abilities of your class. Some people might think this is just a waste of time. However I personally felt it added a since of Immersion that is lacking in so many MMOs today. Ohh just go to the trainer and hit level up get everything you need...

All in all I am liking RIFT quite a bit. Its a Nice game, and its good to see the developers spending so much time fixing things and bringing us updates. You can tell they really want this game to succeed. Hopefully it will.

Soulwalker

no responses good or bad to any of this? strange

Well there has been alot of threads suggesting alot of things, but ya.

Unique powers and spells are great idea, however they are currently in the game, but as items instead of spells. For example, wolf form you mentioned, these are drops from items from rifts, often increases movment speed and shape shifts you.

There are also crafted "flavor" items such as riding chaps etc.

Would love to see more content but i think there is a base of what you want already in the game.

+ Reply to Thread