+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Way of the Wind

Soulwalker

Default Way of the Wind

The later root abilities for Paragon right now are incredibly disappointing. I have been running T2 as paragon/riftblade/champion and i pvp as paragon/riftblade/voidknight. Having experimented with builds that are more heavily invested into the paragon tree i do not see any reason to run with those abilities. Many players call paragons "a liability".

My main issue is the 38 point Way of the Wind and how very underwhelming it is. To find out if it would be worth the effort to bother with this move i tested it in a number of situations including face to face with a bladedancer while running Bend like the Reed and still finding no decent use for the move even faced with its most useful situations.

As is stands the move offers us the ability to strike back with 96-100 damage every time we dodge or parry an attack and this also activates follow up moves. Even hammering rising waterfall while bend like the reed is running i can still achieve better results using way of the mountain. The other main problem with this is that such a high end move has no application in dps builds.

My suggestion is that the move does not strike back or activate follow-up attacks but instead shave half a second off our global cooldown. I would also suggest that it be bumped up to 44 points and switched with paired strike, so that a heavy investment is needed to achieve such an important dps ability. The heavy investment also shouldn't affect other soul combinations too much for pvp and tanking, but would give more incentive to try paragon for dps and pvp perhaps even giving paragons the chance to compete in dps during raids.

tl;dr - change the move entirely, bump it to 44 root and it cuts our GCD by 0.5s

Soulwalker

made feedback in the game also, but seriously...? nobody has an opinion on this?

*is only paragon*

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Shotfun View Post
    The later root abilities for Paragon right now are incredibly disappointing. I have been running T2 as paragon/riftblade/champion and i pvp as paragon/riftblade/voidknight. Having experimented with builds that are more heavily invested into the paragon tree i do not see any reason to run with those abilities. Many players call paragons "a liability".

My main issue is the 38 point Way of the Wind and how very underwhelming it is. To find out if it would be worth the effort to bother with this move i tested it in a number of situations including face to face with a bladedancer while running Bend like the Reed and still finding no decent use for the move even faced with its most useful situations.

As is stands the move offers us the ability to strike back with 96-100 damage every time we dodge or parry an attack and this also activates follow up moves. Even hammering rising waterfall while bend like the reed is running i can still achieve better results using way of the mountain. The other main problem with this is that such a high end move has no application in dps builds.

My suggestion is that the move does not strike back or activate follow-up attacks but instead shave half a second off our global cooldown. I would also suggest that it be bumped up to 44 points and switched with paired strike, so that a heavy investment is needed to achieve such an important dps ability. The heavy investment also shouldn't affect other soul combinations too much for pvp and tanking, but would give more incentive to try paragon for dps and pvp perhaps even giving paragons the chance to compete in dps during raids.

tl;dr - change the move entirely, bump it to 44 root and it cuts our GCD by 0.5s
    Way of the Wind is fine.

Used with Paired strike (All followup attacks for the next 5 seconds Crit) and Bend like the Reed (+75% parry for the next 10 seconds) it allows you to chain followup attacks for Auto crits. Either of these 2 skills make Way of the Wind a useful skill.

If you aren't using Paired Strike or Bend like the Reed then yes, Way of the Wind is kind of lack lustre and you shouldn't plan on using it.

The skill shouldn't change just because you can't fit the pieces together though. Use Way of the Mountain of you don't like Wind.
    -All views portrayed in this post are opinions and as such should be taken with a grain of salt.
    -Posts may be blunt to the point of spherical and call a spade a spade when deemed appropriate.
    -Any percieved insults are the sole property of the disgruntled reader.
    -There will be no exchanges, refunds or retractions except when requested by a Smurf. All requests must be lodged at our Head Office in Gargamel's workshop. Please form an orderly queue in the cages provided.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Greyhald View Post
    Way of the Wind is fine.

Used with Paired strike (All followup attacks for the next 5 seconds Crit) and Bend like the Reed (+75% parry for the next 10 seconds) it allows you to chain followup attacks for Auto crits. Either of these 2 skills make Way of the Wind a useful skill.

If you aren't using Paired Strike or Bend like the Reed then yes, Way of the Wind is kind of lack lustre and you shouldn't plan on using it.

The skill shouldn't change just because you can't fit the pieces together though. Use Way of the Mountain of you don't like Wind.
    either of these most certainly do not make it useful, did you skip over the part where i specifically tested it in different situations with bend like the reed running? using BOTH of these skills at the same time and coupled with SLI gives us the only real burst potential the paragon tree has, and even that has very limited application i.e when receiving a steady in flow of physical attacks in melee range.

testing this as a 51 paragon meant i had every opportunity to fit my available pieces together, if you are seriously trying to tell me you can make excellent use of this combo in PvP more often than not then that will be enough for me to go and reset one of my other roles to try this once again. on the other hand if you turn around and say paragon is only for grinding i will take this opportunity in allowing you to join my suggestion. no soul should be relegated to being only fully effective in solo vs environment grind in a game where there are group aspects and pvp applications.

+ Reply to Thread