+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Additional slots

Default Additional slots

I don't know about anyone else but personally I don't think there are enough character slots. Twice I've had to decide to delete a toon I liked to try out something else that I wasn't sure I would like. It would be nice to have 8 slots so we could try each calling on either side. For true alt junkies you might want to consider selling extra character slots (like LOTRO) or simply allow people to have a second account (w/o having to purchase a 2nd version of the game simply for a new keycode). I actually favor the last one because then you could keep your defiants and guardians on separate accounts.
    Shadowedraven, Level 10 warrior
    Forest Guardians

Soulwalker

You do know that once you hit level 13, you can quest to unlock other souls? After you unlock additional roles through your Calling's trainer, you can combine any of that Calling's souls in the other customizable roles, kind of allowing each character to be its own Alt.

But yeah, I still want to try more Race & Calling combos than the 6 we do get. And yes, I am an altoholic.

Rift Disciple

Default From a certified alt-aholic.

Why not try other servers? I have 14 characters on 3 servers. From what I can tell, there is no limit to the number of characters you can have overall, just six per shard. If I want to try something new, I roll on a different shard. If I like it, I delete something on my main one and remake it. I've deleted things so many times it's not even funny. I just can't make up my mind. I would certainly agree with 8 per shard though, since that's one of each on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedraven View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but personally I don't think there are enough character slots. Twice I've had to decide to delete a toon I liked to try out something else that I wasn't sure I would like. It would be nice to have 8 slots so we could try each calling on either side. For true alt junkies you might want to consider selling extra character slots (like LOTRO) or simply allow people to have a second account (w/o having to purchase a 2nd version of the game simply for a new keycode). I actually favor the last one because then you could keep your defiants and guardians on separate accounts.
    Why would you need more than 4 slots?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Flaymar View Post
    Why would you need more than 4 slots?
    Four defiants and four guardians I'd assume. That's what I would like at least. I just can't up my mind in looks and like to replay things. I see no problem with this, but some people don't understand the mind of an altaholic.

Cwynlaen I am well aware of being able to switch souls. That doesn't solve the basic issue of not being able to have one of each on both factions. I'm glad that a few people have understood my point...I was not aware of being able to have 6 toons per Shard though. Hmmm... that might have some possibilities.
    Shadowedraven, Level 10 warrior
    Forest Guardians

+ Reply to Thread