+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LFD system suggestion

Plane Touched

Default LFD system suggestion

I know it probably may have already been suggested but I think it would be nice addition if the tank was made the leader in a team formed by the LFD system (Since they are the ones who will be wanting to mark)

Also allowing for other people to queue as leader (Much like the Dungeon Guide in WoW, though with leader status rather than just slightly different colour party chat and [Dungeon Guide] before your name) so that if the tank has not been into the dungeon before it will choose someone who has and can mark up to help teach the tank which things to take care of first.

Just because it is frustrating to not be in raid frames and unable to mark (Nuggo > Gerbik > Swedge damnit!) especially when there is a bard and the tank/dps don't know the dungeon respectively.
    Last edited by Taril; 05-29-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Rift Disciple

yep and that Trion should get somebody to look through these forums and actually read what irks players instead of adjusting and adding useless **** which only further borks the game.

Fix this bloody tool ffs. My guild group still can't queue together after 2 days...

I have yet to find a dungeon or quest group with the tool. Not finding them without it either but I find that less annoying than being queued for hours because the game considers me dps no matter which toon I'm on.
    Shadowedraven, Level 10 warrior
    Forest Guardians

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedraven View Post
    I have yet to find a dungeon or quest group with the tool. Not finding them without it either but I find that less annoying than being queued for hours because the game considers me dps no matter which toon I'm on.
    try swapping to all the roles you have to open up the ability to use the other roles.

My Cleric can Q as any role after I have swapped to all of them. My Rogue can Q as any except healer. Mage can Q as any except tank. Warrior as DPS or Tank.

I had to swap to every role that my toons have to open the options for the roles I was not initially in after the system was released.

I would like to see more of a check of who goes into tier 2 dungeons, we had a mage in our DSM group last night who was in blues and greens with 2 pieces of crafted epics. I was trying to keep him in the group because I hate booting people but after 2 bosses and his 100 dps he just had to go. We tried to suggest he work out some different builds or do some research but it didn't seem to go through his head. He told us he turned 50 the day before.
    MMO's played include but not limited to UO,AC,DAOC, SWG, EQ2, WOW
    Currently playing RIFT till SWTOR comes out.
    WOW is dead, quit feeding the monster.

Obviously someone inexperienced in RPGs. Taking him to the AH and showing him better gear options for his build might have been a better choice.
    Not everyone has the same play style and playing a difficult and sometimes unpopular class/soul combo is sometimes enjoyable. I know I don't want to have the same build/stats as everyone else... that just takes all the fun out of it and would make us a WoW clone.
    It's also possible he was experimenting with a soul combo he wasn't familiar with. ,I know, dungeoning with strangers is not the best time for such things.
    The biggest question is... was he in a guild? If so why didn't they help him maximize his potential? That's just common sense...
    Shadowedraven, Level 10 warrior
    Forest Guardians

+ Reply to Thread