+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please no more gathering loot quests in capitol cities....or randomize spawn

Default Please no more gathering loot quests in capitol cities....or randomize spawn

These quests are a pain in the rear. I know we don't have to do them but come on. Who decided to create 8 fixed spawn spots in the most crowded areas in the game? People get in spats in chat over someone taking their coin spawn pretty much daily. Running in circles around Sanctum looking for coins that someone either already not gotten or not camping is not fun, it is a chore.

Still we do it because the rewards are worth it, I just ask you put a little more creativity into it please.

Rift Disciple

besides the purple chest and the artifact egg thing what else is there to do them for?
    Run t1 and t2 and you're set.

Shadowlander

As a clueless noob, I appreciate every Easter egg hunt you put in this game.
    Please add more as I can't afford to die anymore.
    Last edited by nodecafplz; 05-31-2011 at 04:19 AM.

Ascendant

Have to say, doing it in Meridian is orders of magnitude easier than Sanctum.

I love the fact that you get all these pets and stuff from it, but with the spawn rate, it is getting competitive and a little antisocial. This morning I was running towards an egg shell on my horse and someone used that leap ability to fly by me to get it first. That's not a good thing.

It's funny becuase isn't that the theme of the event? The 'corrupted coins' are supposed to put greed upon us. Atleast thats what I got from the lore

I find the entire premise asinine.

So... coins are raining from the sky, and the NPC is too damn lazy to walk 10 feet to pick up the coins?
    And what does he reward you with? Egg shells. What are the THREE other NPCs right next to him looking for? EGGSHELLS.

We have a quest giver with an apparently infinite hoard of eggshells that can't be bothered to pick up his own damn coins while there are three other NPCs that are for some reason handing out cats and coins to acquire aforementioned eggshells.

If the coins were random drops of level appropriate mobs, that'd make sense. Trolls pocket shinies, lizards eat them, whatever... but raining down in the capitals only?

And why the hell do we get eggshells for beating instances? What sense does that make? It just says, hey, we thought this out poorly and then caved when people didn't want to actually participate in/wait for invasions. Why didn't we get otherworldly source stones for completing dungeons for the ROS event? Hmmmmm? I retroactively want 15 of them for each of the dozens of instances I cleared.

Not only is the "event" another mundane grind for item X, but it's implementation is nonsensical. The RoS event was at least somewhat worth while because you could get a unique mount, unique disguises, and multiple unique pets.

What do we get out of this? A cat... that looks like it has leprosy. The other rewards are already in game and largely pointless. The 15 shell quest gives you some planar dust and maybe a plaque so you can buy patterns for crap that no one wants. I'd already bought every rune crafter plaque pattern before 1.2, now I have a bunch of plaques with no use and I can still get 1 from the weekly and maybe 1 from my rift and anyone elses I help with. The other two give artifacts you can pick up anywhere and just cheapens the entire collection aspect of hunting for artifacts.

Essentially, everything about this event is to easy mode crap to the masses.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Strange that nobody got the elegant joke the Devs are making on the players with this "event".

We showed super greedy with the previous event... so many people behaved like spoiled, grasping brats.

So now Trion is giving us what we want... easy and almost pointless loot (bags of coins which you exchange for egg shells which you exchange for...).

It isn't bad design. It's intended. And we deserve it.
    Never give a sword to a man who can't dance (Confucius)

+ Reply to Thread