+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let me change my class (calling)

Default Let me change my class (calling)

I am a lv 50 cleric and I'm so fed up with everyone wanting every cleric to heal them. My main is Justicar but no one wants a Justicar to tank they want a healer to stand out back and heal them even tho a Justicar heals every time he hits, be it low. On my main spec I have a Cabalist with a great AoE spell that also heals, be it little, but they want a mage to AoE.
    Most people on PvP only want a cleric to be a main healer and that a joke as cleric is the only soul which can play many rolls which is why I picked it. It got to the point I left my cleric and became a mage. But at lv 35 im getting bored with all the quest to get my mage to 50.

What I want is for my cleric to change class and become a mage with all my achievement retained.

Maybe a once every 3 month limit to change class. I don't know. What I do know is my cleric did most of the game and im fed up playing it and my mage is going to new areas with grey areas still on the map. So im just about ready to leave both of my rolls.

How you Dev's thinking about a class change?

Reroll. It's not that hard to level up. But honestly, it's kind of your fault. Why would you roll a healer class and be surprised when people want you to heal?

Or wait for the free transfers and move to a server that's not so blinkered about clerics.

Rift isn't the first game where a healing class could also spec for caster dps, tanking or melee dps and had all four roles viable in end game pvp and pve.
    (Bechka, Machine Born)
    Knowledge is power: Power corrupts; Study hard , be evil

Id guess its too much coding involved in implementing this, also with only 4 classes in the game leveling 4 characters really isn't a lot of work. If you simply said you dont have a healing spec they wont ask you to heal, thats the simple solution really... this is of course assuming you are one of those competent people who uses DPS meters and plays their characters well, personally from my experience if you do any role well no one cares what class you are just be good at what you want to do
    Last edited by Mydra; 05-29-2011 at 03:20 AM.

Rift Disciple

Or you can wait until trion stops nerfing clerics by making them sub-par in all their roles other than heals. I leveled a mage to 50 already. Shoulda done a rogue though since the changes made them poor, but whatever. I have faith ***** will be found in short order and heads removed.

PS. Clerics are a 'calling' not a healer class. They have roles that can heal, dps, and tank. I chose it to be versatile, not pigeon holed into a specific role. At least on my mage I can heal, dps, or support in equal ammounts of effectiveness.
    Last edited by Gill; 05-30-2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: bypass language filter

People do pigronhole you. My mage has healing yet everyone sees her as dps because she's a mage. It makes it hard finding a group. Worse the lfg tool lists me as dps even though I have healing available making it even harder.
    Shadowedraven, Level 10 warrior
    Forest Guardians

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by CdrRogdan View Post
    Or you can wait until trion stops ****ting on clerics by making them sub-par in all their roles other than heals. I leveled a mage to 50 already. Shoulda done a rogue though since the changes made them super retahded, but whatever. I have faith ***** will be found in short order and heads removed.

PS. Clerics are a 'calling' not a healer class. They have roles that can heal, dps, and tank. I chose it to be versatile, not pigeon holed into a specific role. At least on my mage I can heal, dps, or support in equal ammounts of effectiveness.
    this.. Its annoying that as a cleric we have to put up with people saying our dps is sub par and we provide little support and are really weak tanks.. when none of these are the case for someone who actually reads what his class can do and doesnt go cookie cutter 'melee' or 'ranged' dps. clerics need a lot of love and a lot of pointless crap worked out..

but tbh reroll.. if you got bored of that class roll another.. why should trion make a system for people to flaot between FOTM callings all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedraven View Post
    People do pigronhole you. My mage has healing yet everyone sees her as dps because she's a mage. It makes it hard finding a group. Worse the lfg tool lists me as dps even though I have healing available making it even harder.
    Make sure you have one role with more points in chloro than anything else (and for best results, with chloro in the middle).

The people I've played with are always happy to get a chloro healer.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Shadowlander

Ridiculous idea to be quite honest.

Leveling in this game is incredibly easy compared to most other games.

Transfer servers or join a guild and get a group of friends and prove yourself to them as a viable battle-cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    My main is Justicar but no one wants a Justicar to tank
    That's a problem of stupid &/or ignorant players who haven't yet grasped the nuances of the Calling/Soul/Role concept. It's not a problem with clerics tanking.

I've had several groups tanked by Rogues or Clerics. IMO, anyone who flat-out rejects either a Rogue or a Cleric as a tank isn't worth grouping with anyway, because they're either stupid or ignorant, & who wants to group with stupid &/or ignorant people???
    Fare thee well
    Let your life proceed by its own design
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

Must be your server, so use the transfers to move

Cleric tanks are not the best tanks but can to T1's and T2's without issues. But they are no good at main tanking in Raids.

My Mage heals more offen then dps
    My Warrior only tanks (no one wants a DPS warrior)
    My Rogue tanks more offen then dps
    My Cleric tanks more offen then heals.

On my server there are not enough tanks, I guess on your server there is not enought healers.

The only time I had issued was in the low levels when newbies thought cleric = healer. In this game, your calling means nothing, its all about the build.

My mage is a better healer then my cleric
    Last edited by Natjur; 05-30-2011 at 04:19 PM.

I don't know anything about PVP, but on my cleric I'd say half my randoms through the LFG tool are putting me as tank.

Clerics make the best healers, I don't see why someone would roll a cleric if they don't like doing that. There are better DPS classes out there.

On your more direct subject, there should never, ever be a way to change your calling. It doesn't take long to reroll but having people constantly switch to the new FoTM after every patch would get dizzying, not to mention you'd have even more people who totally fail at their classes.
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

+ Reply to Thread