+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just A Few General Ideas For Rift...

Default Just A Few General Ideas For Rift...

I don't spend a lot of time in these forums so if these have already been brought up elsewhere I do apologize. None of these ideas are, I believe, imperative to the game fun wise or mechanically, they are just things that I think would make things a bit easier or add a little more variety to what is already there.

1. Customizable / labeled bags: I would love to be able to label a bag "crafting" and have every item I pick up that is a crafting item go into this bag or "consumable" and have all consumable items automatically be put in that bag ETC... ETC... I know it's not a huge deal but just something I thought would be nice to help keep things organized in a way you like without having to constantly move stuff around. Considering items are already labeled I figured those labels could be extended to the bags allowing you to choose a couple classifications per bag... Also, bigger bags.

2.Customizable pets: I know this has been brought up before but our pets really need some variety. I'm not 100% sure on how to implement this outside of having multiple skins for pets but it sure would be nice to not see everyone running around with the exact same Cat, Warthog, Elemental ETC... ETC...

3. Guild ALT Character list: Now, I know I have the memory of a brain dead Gold Fish so I may be the only person with this problem. In my Guild, like most, a lot of the players have multiple characters and I can never remember what ALT's belong to Whom. This would obviously be optional but I think it would be nice, if a player chooses, they can set up a viewable list of ALT's that are also in the guild which would then be accessible by other guild members by right clicking on a targeted characters pic, their name in the chat window or their name in Guild roster and selecting "ALT's".

3 1/2. This may be a bit too much but I thought of it while typing up #3 so I figured I'd throw it out there. Along with the "ALT listing" (Again, this is within the Guild only) maybe a small data sheet on the character as well (if the player chooses of course) listing their job and if they are willing to take crafting requests or not and the stipulations surrounding those requests I.E. Money, Components and Money, Just Components ETC...

4. ...I forgot. Proving I have the memory of a brain dead Gold Fish, in the time it took me type the above I managed to forget what my fourth idea was (yes, it did exist when I started this thread) so I'll come back to this later.

I don't know the logistics behind implementing any of the above ideas or if they would add enough to the game to be worth implementing but I thought they were good enough ideas to at least throw out there.
    Last edited by xGryfter; 05-28-2011 at 02:08 PM.
    "Surely what a man does when he is taken off his guard is the best evidence for what sort of man he is." -C.S. Lewis

www.immortalmachines.com

I agree with those, need some variety in pet classes. Bags, and the guild thing would be awesome, gotta be optional per toon though. I know I have run some big guilds where I had alts that no one knew it was me. So have to make it able to be optional where you could show 2 of 3 if you wanted

Another one for the list:

I know this has been brought up before but I figured I'd mention it again. I played through my first expert dungeon last night and while it was fun I couldn't help thinking to myself as we were killing mass amounts of enemies (not including bosses) "it really is a shame we aren't getting anything worth while for all these kills". It would be nice if once you reached 50 the general mobs in a dungeon would drop more currency (maybe instead of XP) or even crafting items (it would be cool if at the beginning of the dungeon you could choose "Crafting Run" or "Money Run".) For the entire run I just barely made over a Platinum which I found to be a bit disappointing. It doesn't have to be anything crazy just a bit extra since we are no longer earning XP. Keep in mind this is only for the general monsters not the bosses.

I know a lot of players have more money than they know what to do with at this point (send it to me ;) ) but for those of us who don't a bit more cash for these dungeon runs would be nice. If you happen not to need the money it probably makes no difference to you either way.
    "Surely what a man does when he is taken off his guard is the best evidence for what sort of man he is." -C.S. Lewis

www.immortalmachines.com

+ Reply to Thread