+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wardrobe

Shadowlander

Default Wardrobe

Probably posted before, but meh

1. Weapons, I make my sets around what my weapon looks like, when its constantly changing, it gets rather irratating. I'm not entirely sure why this isn't already the case (having the option to wardrobe weapons) perhaps someone could fill me in if there is a real reason?

2. The option in a wardrobe to just 'not have' that selected peice of armor. I would enjoy running around with my Well-Spun hat, some acolyte jeans / boots, shirtless, punching people to death with my fists, without losing tons of my stats.

(I would be missing shoulder, belt, gloves, chest / weapons etc, thats a big chunk of your everything just to look like some crazy person)

Thoughts / opinions / flame on.

I think the biggest problem with implementing what you are suggesting would be with character attack animations. Each soul has specific moves with specific attack animations designed for specific weapons. I could be wrong here but allowing characters to equip any weapon they want as a show piece would either mean the attack animations wouldn't match with the weapon the world is seeing or Trion would have to go through and create animations for every attack ability using every weapon and that seems like quite a bit of work to put into something just to appease their players vanity.

Now, if I'm wrong and it's not as complicated as I think it is then I'm all for it, the more options players have in an MMO whether for appearance, play style or anything else is a good thing which extends the life of an MMO.
    "Surely what a man does when he is taken off his guard is the best evidence for what sort of man he is." -C.S. Lewis

www.immortalmachines.com

Shadowlander

Wouldn't the animation just swap to whatever is showing? Doesn't seem that difficult to me (aside from the 'fists' part, that I could see being trouble-some) unless I miss-understood.

Like, if your using a sword, but your wardrobing an axe, wouldn't the animation just swap to whatever an axe attack would look like?

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by IISicknessII View Post
    Probably posted before.
    You are correct.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by IISicknessII View Post
    Wouldn't the animation just swap to whatever is showing? Doesn't seem that difficult to me (aside from the 'fists' part, that I could see being trouble-some) unless I miss-understood.

Like, if your using a sword, but your wardrobing an axe, wouldn't the animation just swap to whatever an axe attack would look like?
    But what if you're sporting a two handed ax and the move you are using is designed for duel wielded swords or you're running around with a dagger and the combat animation is for a staff? Even if it just switches the animation from staff to dagger which of the many dagger animations should it use and does that animation fit with the move being performed? There are some generic attack abilities that look similar no matter what you are using as a weapon or already have multiple animations attributed to it but their are also quite a few abilities that are designed around being used with a specific weapon or class of weapon.

Again, I could be wrong here but I don't think so... at least not completely. ;)
    "Surely what a man does when he is taken off his guard is the best evidence for what sort of man he is." -C.S. Lewis

www.immortalmachines.com

Plane Touched

I'm sure it can be coded so that a 2h appearance item must be used if you're wielding a 2h weapon for reals.

+ Reply to Thread