+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Let people party with the opposite faction

Soulwalker

Default Let people party with the opposite faction

At least on PVE servers. It makes no sense that we can't directly work together against a common threat. I've had 'enemy' players in a rift before and I couldn't heal them even though they weren't flagged and it was really frustrating as we were relying on each other. People are different and not everyone hates the other faction simply because someone said we should.

Just make it so:
    1. You must not be flagged for PVP.
    2. If you become flagged you are kicked out of a party if it has the opposite faction in it.

No reason it couldn't be done on PvP servers too. Instead of the 'flagged for pvp' conditions you mentioned replace them with "X number of seconds from engaging in PvP with another player"

As is, most souls can already use the majority of their abilities to help a member of the opposing faction; a dps or tank for example can attack something that's already attacking a member of the opposing faction.

Allowing cross faction grouping would simply extend that utility to healers and support... so why not?
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

Sez

I would ninja every loot drop and never feel an ounce of remorse. Enemies are not friends.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Haliaeetus View Post
    No reason it couldn't be done on PvP servers too. Instead of the 'flagged for pvp' conditions you mentioned replace them with "X number of seconds from engaging in PvP with another player"

As is, most souls can already use the majority of their abilities to help a member of the opposing faction; a dps or tank for example can attack something that's already attacking a member of the opposing faction.

Allowing cross faction grouping would simply extend that utility to healers and support... so why not?
    Yes, my idea on how to implement it may not be the best but I'm sure there is a way to make it work.

I played EQ2 and good players could group with evil, it was probably easier to get a group there than it was in WoW despite the difference in numbers of subs.
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I would ninja every loot drop and never feel an ounce of remorse. Enemies are not friends.
    Your enemy is not the opposing faction. Your enemy is the planar invaders. If Regulous and the other dragons have their way, it wont matter who was right or wrong in the squabble between the two factions because we will all be DEAD.

The enemy of your enemy is your friend... or at best, your ally.

Wait to the planes are sealed behind wards again, then squabble over who is right or wrong.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaiden View Post
    Your enemy is not the opposing faction. Your enemy is the planar invaders. If Regulous and the other dragons have their way, it wont matter who was right or wrong in the squabble between the two factions because we will all be DEAD.

The enemy of your enemy is your friend... or at best, your ally.

Wait to the planes are sealed behind wards again, then squabble over who is right or wrong.
    Great RP answer, which I agree with, but from a "Computer game" stand point, if some people ninja their own faction, then more people would ninja the opposing faction. I won't make up a silly statistic to exaggerate my point.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Master

There are times I'd ally with Defiant on the battlefield and others I'd smash the blasphemers if presented with the opportunity.

I think during massive invasions there should be the ability for public groups to contain members from either faction.

Soulwalker

Great RP answer, which I agree with, but from a "Computer game" stand point, if some people ninja their own faction, then more people would ninja the opposing faction. I won't make up a silly statistic to exaggerate my point.
    From a game standpoint, I'd like to be able to party with whoever I want and pvp with whoever I want.

WTB a betrayal questline.

Quote Originally Posted by Verodio View Post
    I played EQ2 and good players could group with evil, it was probably easier to get a group there than it was in WoW despite the difference in numbers of subs.
    Agreed that was one of the best aspects of the eq2 pve system!
    WTB co op servers here!

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Enemies certainly are not friends... Ninja-ing loot would be a good way to establish yourself as an enemy... whether or not you feel remorse effects only you; to the rest of your group, the consequences for ninja-ing loot would probably include being kicked, then killed.

Did you mean to present an argument, or simply state that if allowed to group with members of the opposing faction; you'd take their loot?
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

If you pick a faction different from mine, you aren't even human anymore.

I think we all know that.
    ((A gentleman never speaks out of bracket.))

Sometimes one must cast aside nobility in order to see justice done - Odamir the Lion

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by LaefChaosblade View Post
    If you pick a faction different from mine, you aren't even human anymore.

I think we all know that.
    Exactly, in games with factions the community always demonizes the other side to an alarming degree.

Soulwalker

Hey! Have a cigar lets all be fwends!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast