+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion: Remove, or at least put limitations, on macros.

Shadowlander

Default Suggestion: Remove, or at least put limitations, on macros.

People want to talk about how easy this game has become with the latest patches, others want to brag about how amazing they are because they can do 1.5k+ DPS by pushing two buttons...it's pretty sad.

In my humble opinion a macro should be limited to no more than three lines. Having a cast sequence macro with 15 different abilities on it and just spamming that one button for a whole fight takes any semblance of skill out of a game.

Force people to think about what they're doing, force them to watch cooldowns on abilities and force people to put forth a little effort during an encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremite View Post
    People want to talk about how easy this game has become with the latest patches, others want to brag about how amazing they are because they can do 1.5k+ DPS by pushing two buttons...it's pretty sad.

In my humble opinion a macro should be limited to no more than three lines. Having a cast sequence macro with 15 different abilities on it and just spamming that one button for a whole fight takes any semblance of skill out of a game.

Force people to think about what they're doing, force them to watch cooldowns on abilities and force people to put forth a little effort during an encounter.
    Watching bars instead of watching actual fights? Nah, I'll pass. I had enough of that in WoW to last me a lifetime.
    This post is best viewed with

Rift Disciple

i dont even use macros for this game..didnt know anyone would even need to.

the macro system is a bit fubar for this game anyway..theres nothing useful you can get from macros that you cant just go ahead and do yourself.
    “People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous.”- -Edmund Burke

"So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause."- -Padme Amidala

Sez

I pull 1500 pushing 3 buttons with zero macros. So... What is your argument about?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

aux

Macro monkeys will only slow you down more if you force them to think about what they're doing.
    You can do better without macros anyway.
    I'm so BORED

It amazes me how some people want their style of game play enforced on others. If you don't like macros, don't use them. Is it really that hard?

Some of us don't like the whack-a-mole style of gameplay that is managing CD's. Why should we be forced to because you do?

It would be like me saying:

"RP is fun to me. Therefore, anyone who doesn't enjoy RP clearly hasn't tried it. In an effort to induce maximum fun, every player should be required to RP for at least one hour, for every 5 hours spent playing Rift."

Get over yourself.
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

Quote Originally Posted by Haliaeetus View Post
    It amazes me how some people want their style of game play enforced on others. If you don't like macros, don't use them. Is it really that hard?

Some of us don't like the whack-a-mole style of gameplay that is managing CD's. Why should we be forced to because you do?

It would be like me saying:

"RP is fun to me. Therefore, anyone who doesn't enjoy RP clearly hasn't tried it. In an effort to induce maximum fun, every player should be required to RP for at least one hour, for every 5 hours spent playing Rift."

Get over yourself.

Finally some common sense!
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be playing this game if I had to press a dozen different abilities to do my good DPS.

Eyes and mind are up on the action in front of me.
    SEPTIMA of <BottomLine> on Millrush

+ Reply to Thread