+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Macro slots Please

Default More Macro slots Please

With the ability to have 5 different roles in the game, I feel it's a bit silly to have a capped # of macros that can be made. I would love to have more macro slots to use.

Plane Walker

What is the cap anyways?

Sword of Telara

YES! We need alot more if you ask me. With 5th Role I can't even macro all I want.

Optionally they could make some healing frame system which would free up alot of macros.

Quote Originally Posted by XEshamX View Post
    What is the cap anyways?

Any soul with a pet definitely would benefit from this.

I've macroed all of my abilities to automatically make my pet attack the target i'm attacking, as well as cycling through my pet's abilities. That's an upwards of 12 macro slots taken right there.

Not to mention all of the macros you can create to do simple things like thank someone, wave to some one, cast buffs on people without clicking on someone, heal someone without clicking on them.

All 5 roles share the same macro slots, which will run out of room quickly.

Default +1

Great idea, each role requires several macros if you have any hope of tidying up all those ability buttons.
    Would appreciate some macro icons with slightly more transparent meanings too, like a green wavy graphic could mean anything i wanted i suppose, but something like an exclamation mark has a somewhat more obvious impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Rass3ngan View Post
    Great idea, each role requires several macros if you have any hope of tidying up all those ability buttons.
    Would appreciate some macro icons with slightly more transparent meanings too, like a green wavy graphic could mean anything i wanted i suppose, but something like an exclamation mark has a somewhat more obvious impact.
    I add some text to my macros so I know what they do.

more macro slots would be nice indeed.
    Zaruk, Dwarf Cleric
    Master Armorsmith, Master Rune Crafter
    "I'm not known for my tact"
    The Elders

I don't know why there's a cap tbh.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Rift Master

Healers with mouseover macros would thank you.

Rift Disciple

I've not even used any macros yet... maybe I should look into that at some point

Ascendant

I barely even use macros and I'm running out of room lol.

I have four macros just to switch roles (and armor/weaps with those roles), right away. If I buy a fifth role, no doubt, I'll have a fifth macro.

Healers need basically a macro for each skill they use, if they want to do mouseover healing. That takes care of most of the rest of the macros.

I have macros for each of my roles as well, two or three per role.

More macros are needed.

Thumbs up

Best thing would be just to have a complete set of macros for each spec. Like previous posters have mentioned, due to the need to use a @mouseover macro for each healing spell, I've got no macros left, and I only have 3 specs . . .

I better designed healing UI would help alleviate this problem mind you.
    Watch your back, conserve your ammo,
    and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon.

Shadowlander

Thumbs up

Oh yes, please please give us more macro slots as fast as possible! This can't be something very difficult to do!

I got fourth spec today and am going crazy here... I got 2 heal roles that already fill most of my macro slots and since you can't even suppress the constant chat-spam if you combine spells from two specs into one macro (for example "cast Healing Invocation" and "cast Restorative Flame" in one macro). The game will spam "Could not cast unknown ability: <ability name>" in the god damn chat window every time you press the macro... So even the silliest workarounds don't work.

Now I'm left with either chat-spam or deleting one of my mouse-over macros and not have easy access to one of my healing tools. (And damn, I hope I don't get anymore spells or abilities that require a new macro...)

This is beyond silly.
    Last edited by Zeron; 05-30-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Shadowlander

Still waiting...

*tumble weed*

Where are my new macro slots!?

Shadowlander

Still waiting...

*tumble weed*

Where are my new macro slots!?

Edit: FYI every time I get a new skill that I can't macro any more then I'm going to bump this thread.

Today It's Shared Recovery.

Got new skill, can't use it because you morons only give me 25 macro slots.

Good work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast