+ Reply to Thread

Thread: On Attacking the Opposing Faction's Wardstones and NPCs

Lightbulb On Attacking the Opposing Faction's Wardstones and NPCs

Many people are complaining that there is no real point to World PvP in Rift. I agree with this point of view. So, in order to help solve this problem, I suggest starting with doing two basic things:

First, make destroying and converting any of the enemy faction’s camp wardstones possible and rewarding.

As it stands, I can help invaders from my faction destroy and convert any of the opposing faction’s camp wardstones by helping kill and suppress their camp guards and any players who attack me and flag themselves. I do not understand why I can do this, but, at the same time, I am restrained from directly attacking the opposing faction’s camp wardstones myself.

Second, as a converse of the first item, make attacking any of the enemy faction’s field wardstones or field NPCs a PvP action.

As it stands, when a player of the opposing faction attacks a field wardstone from my faction, I cannot help defend the wardstone in question because doing so does not flag the said player. I do not understand why field guards from my faction are not marked and treated as such in this case.
    Last edited by Abricetabrac; 05-28-2011 at 08:56 AM.
    As the light dances on the ground and the breeze caresses the landscape, Abricetabrac fiddles with things, but suddenly looks up,

"Oh, hello. No worries. Any old way will do for me."

+ Reply to Thread