+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More durable mounts, please

Soulwalker

Default More durable mounts, please

I am sick and tired of getting one shotted from my mount by greys everywhere and nearly every time. If there was something I could not stand about LoTRO, it was that. Trion has done a good job incorporating the good things from different MMO's. That is one exception. It would be great if mounts could me made more durable.

Or if grays didn't aggro.

I really do not know how you people are having this problem. Generally, I do not. My only guess is y'all must be afk auto-ruining.
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

Foamy tells it like it is!

The thing is the mounts actually are more durable/ resistant to being knocked off

At level 50 with the epic mount, elites and level 49/ 50s are the only things that seem to have a greater than 50% chance to knock me off.

Before I had this mount I was definitely being knocked off more often.
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdavid View Post
    I am sick and tired of getting one shotted from my mount by greys everywhere and nearly every time. If there was something I could not stand about LoTRO, it was that. Trion has done a good job incorporating the good things from different MMO's. That is one exception. It would be great if mounts could me made more durable.
    I've always been annoyed seeing players just ride through mobs like on their mounts without a care in the world. Why wouldn't a gray attack you? Unless it's a humanoid that you've personally slaughtered thousands of it's brethren than they wouldn't know better. I've used this example before but when a Navy Seal goes into the wild do you think that the dangerous, aggressive animals ignore it because they somehow know about his years of training and his exploits in Iraq? No, they're going to attack anyway because they have no idea that this dude's a badass that will crush them in a single blow.

If you don't want to get knocked off your mount, try showing the NPC's a little more respect when traveling through them.
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyhana View Post
    The thing is the mounts actually are more durable/ resistant to being knocked off

At level 50 with the epic mount, elites and level 49/ 50s are the only things that seem to have a greater than 50% chance to knock me off.

Before I had this mount I was definitely being knocked off more often.
    I hope that's the case. Im still using the collectors edition turtle

+ Reply to Thread