+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too much reliance on Trion generated events and content

Unhappy Too much reliance on Trion generated events and content

Rifting was a good gimmick but it starts to get old especially by level 50, and while we all enjoy a good rift now and again, and while dungeons are nice and Warfronts are Battlegrounds and raids are more of the same and Red Team vs Blue Team is done to death, we need more stuff to do besides this pregenerated content and world events.

Rift Disciple

Default Trades

Like I answered in your other post - a lot of people really get fun out of trades too. Trades in this game really need to get some work done on them to make them worthwhile and interesting at the top end. Mentioning WOW - it's great for trades at max level and you can pass hours crafting and selling on the AH or gearing up alts.

Sorry a large number of us just don't want to PVP at all - not that I mind others doing it - I just see it as being totally pointless in terms of developing my character as I am more interesting in raiding. PVP is just the other side of the game that many of us are just not interested in at all.

Someone brought up the idea of AA points (like eq) at max level - activities you complete at level 50 award you points and then you can allocate more abilities to your character - bit like the soul tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Topazfire View Post
    Like I answered in your other post - a lot of people really get fun out of trades too. Trades in this game really need to get some work done on them to make them worthwhile and interesting at the top end. Mentioning WOW - it's great for trades at max level and you can pass hours crafting and selling on the AH or gearing up alts.

Sorry a large number of us just don't want to PVP at all - not that I mind others doing it - I just see it as being totally pointless in terms of developing my character as I am more interesting in raiding. PVP is just the other side of the game that many of us are just not interested in at all.

Someone brought up the idea of AA points (like eq) at max level - activities you complete at level 50 award you points and then you can allocate more abilities to your character - bit like the soul tree.
    I'd like to see crafters able to craft some of the best items in the games, and have set item bonuses similar to what's in other MMO's at extraordinary cost and difficulty of course (you wouldn't want everyone just running around in raid quality gear).

On the PvP, I'd just like to see us break out of this stale old Red team vs Blue team faction trap that's been done to death. If players don't want to PvP they shouldn't have to PvP, but if they roll on a PvE server to play with their friends and decide they want to they should have a way to besides joining warfronts or flagging and hoping someone hits them. People shouldn't have to transfer shards just to PvP, the Alternate Telara idea would allow people to participate in world pvp at their leisure when and if they wanted.

A lot of people just get bored of running the same raids and instances over and over again, and Trion was really boastful about cutting new ground with it's PvP, but it really hasn't outside of the soul combinations so I thought I'd suggest something there to liven it up and actually break new ground.

+ Reply to Thread