+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great ways to make the game more fun

Smile Great ways to make the game more fun

After speaking to a great many people about it in game and getting nothing but positive feedback I thought I would share my ideas for how the game could be livened up to stave off level 50 boredom. All my ideas center around PvP, mind you.

First I would like to suggest an entire Cross Server alternate Telara, where all the towns are neutral, and none of the standard PvP rules apply. A realm where anyone can kill anyone, guardian or defiant, or group up with anyone, regardless of faction. A free for all realm where wardstones provide PvP protection while in proximity, and slivers accessible to anyone can be found in key locations across Telara.

Secondly I'd like to suggest a renegade system whereby players can choose to attack members of their own faction, at the cost of being flagged as hostile to the faction and unable to use Soul Recall for the duration (with a renewing cooldown every time an in faction player is killed before it can be deactivated).

Finally I would like to suggest zones with capturable towns and map objectives, where Defiants or Guardians can hold strategic locations which confer benefits, such as a buff against planebound creatures or a bonus to drops, something the other faction could do well without and not be put at a major disadvantage but something that would be nice to have.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    After speaking to a great many people about it in game and getting nothing but positive feedback I thought I would share my ideas for how the game could be livened up to stave off level 50 boredom. All my ideas center around PvP, mind you.

First I would like to suggest an entire Cross Server alternate Telara, where all the towns are neutral, and none of the standard PvP rules apply. A realm where anyone can kill anyone, guardian or defiant, or group up with anyone, regardless of faction. A free for all realm where wardstones provide PvP protection while in proximity, and slivers accessible to anyone can be found in key locations across Telara.

Secondly I would like to suggest zones with capturable towns, where defiants or guardians can hold strategic locations which confer benefits, such as a buff against planebound creatures or a bonus to drops, something the other faction could do well without and not be put at a major disadvantage but something that would be nice to have.

Thirdly I'd like to suggest a renegade system whereby players can choose to attack members of their own faction, at the cost of being flagged as hostile to the faction and unable to use Soul Recall for the duration (with a renewing cooldown every time an in faction player is killed before it can be deactivated).
    I read as far as PvP and knew I could quit reading. I'm not saying the ideas are good or bad for the pvp crowd, just that it holds no interest.

Quote Originally Posted by elosrekat View Post
    I read as far as PvP and knew I could quit reading. I'm not saying the ideas are good or bad for the pvp crowd, just that it holds no interest.
    ;) Well at least you state up front that you didn't read the suggestions. Ah well I wish you had waited just a second or two before posting that, I tweaked the post a little.

First suggestion is just a glorified big arena.

Second suggestion should be modified. The penalty should be that you are cast out of your city. Anytime you come near that faction you are KOS. The merchants won't sell to you and the healers won't heal you. Really, killing off your own people?

Lastly I think you could call the objectives Rogue-Zergville or Stealth 'N Stab.

Finally I would like to suggest zones with capturable towns and map objectives, where Defiants or Guardians can hold strategic locations which confer benefits, such as a buff against planebound creatures or a bonus to drops, something the other faction could do well without and not be put at a major disadvantage but something that would be nice to have.
    Yes, this is very important; if you offer anything major, there will be complaints when people feel unable to acquire what they think they deserve.
    ((A gentleman never speaks out of bracket.))

Sometimes one must cast aside nobility in order to see justice done - Odamir the Lion

Although an overall HORRIBLE game: Runes of Magic had an nice way of allowing you to attack people of your same faction--quite fun actually.

It gave you a negative reputation when you ganked a friendly--and you had to gank enemies to reverse it or let the reputation wear off before you could go back into town or visit non-neutral hubs.

<Addiction>
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clarion - 50 Warrior (PVE) | Yugoboom - 50 Rogue (PVP)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    First suggestion is just a glorified big arena.
    You misunderstand then. I'm suggesting a complete Alternate Telara, where players can team up or kill eachother without Red Team vs Blue Team getting in the way. It's more of a sand box mode, and I suggest cross server because otherwise it would be a mostly empty sandbox.

Maybe you have a friend who's on the other team and would like to go kills stuff together? Maybe there's a guild in your faction that you can't stand? Maybe you rolled on a PvE server and want a little action. The possibilities and motives for entering such a sliver are endless.

Second suggestion should be modified. The penalty should be that you are cast out of your city. Anytime you come near that faction you are KOS. The merchants won't sell to you and the healers won't heal you. Really, killing off your own people?
    Thanks, I didn't mention the guards having you KoS but I should have. Ahh crap too late to edit now, let's consider this an unspoken given.

Lastly I think you could call the objectives Rogue-Zergville or Stealth 'N Stab.
    Why's that, and how does it differ from standard gameplay?

On the Alternate Telara, consider the possibilities. It would be a chance for guilds to have guild wars, a chance for Guardians and Defiants to group up, a chance for people cross server to settle things with people they hate, a way for people to play the game with the thrill of knowing that they aren't safe in what is otherwise friendly territory, a way for people on PvE servers to jump into some hard core pvp action, a way for Faction population differences to not matter, ect ect ect.

Think of the possibilities, no one would ever have to enter the alternate Telara, but people could, and they'd find interesting adventures and experiences there if they did. If they couldn't take it, they could just exit through the nearest sliver, no pressure to stay or leave that isn't from other players.

Thanks for the 1 star whoever just voted as low as they possibly could without giving any feedback. People are leaving this game in droves, I'm trying to suggest ways to mix it up, do you have any suggestions to make the game more interesting? Cmmon man toss out an idea, Trion needs it.

Rift Disciple

Default PVP is not it

I don't think PVP is the answer at all. I am not anti PVP at all and I respect those who enjoy that side of the game. I think all the Aion and games that were PVP only which failed, point to that.

Overall people don't want to spend a all of their game time in a committed way - like PVP, dungeons and so on.

I agree totally about basically nothing to do at level 50 other than raiding and running random dungeons. I was having a ball up to level 50.

New players coming in are going to have a difficult time gearing up and getting into raids

Perhaps:
    Have level T1 gear at least for level 50s from rare planar vendors so they can keep doing events.
    Improve the trades situation - make a lot more items that are useful in all sorts of ways - maybe making gems, items to add to armour, stats from trades and so on. Make a lot more nodes, wood and herbs (high level) available in the high areas so people can farm them, craft useful items and get the economy going.

Quote Originally Posted by Topazfire View Post
    I don't think PVP is the answer at all. I am not anti PVP at all and I respect those who enjoy that side of the game. I think all the Aion and games that were PVP only which failed, point to that.
    I don't think PvP only is the answer either, there's a lot more to my suggestions than just more PvP, they just center around adding more interesting PvP related experiences. The Alternate Telara suggestion for instance would basically open up a sandbox mode to play in, with Open PvP and Grouping for everyone regardless of faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Topazfire View Post
    I agree totally about basically nothing to do at level 50 other than raiding and running random dungeons. I was having a ball up to level 50.

New players coming in are going to have a difficult time gearing up and getting into raids

Perhaps:
    Have level T1 gear at least for level 50s from rare planar vendors so they can keep doing events.
    Improve the trades situation - make a lot more items that are useful in all sorts of ways - maybe making gems, items to add to armour, stats from trades and so on. Make a lot more nodes, wood and herbs (high level) available in the high areas so people can farm them, craft useful items and get the economy going.
    I'd like to see crafting stuff expanded and some items made more interesting myself.

Good try buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Ah well I wish you had waited just a second or two before posting that, I tweaked the post a little.
    It's a shame you can't change the title to "Great ways to make the PvP game more fun", so that those who couldn't care less about PvP could avoid reading the thread at all.
    Fare thee well
    Let your life proceed by its own design
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

+ Reply to Thread