+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric PvP need to be fixed

Shadowlander

Default Cleric PvP need to be fixed

Every person in the game understands this clearly.

Extreamly high dps with full healing, instant heals, etc...

This is completly unbalencing in pvp there is no way to counter this at all. Please play your own game and understand the issues.

Fix pvp

Learn to play.

Clerics fixed... next suggestion, please.

Shadowlander

25% reduction in healing when in offence mode

Shadowlander

Feel free to not reply if you a cleric

Quote Originally Posted by KanaeNight View Post
    25% reduction in healing when in offence mode
    Lets define "offense mode".

It is not when a Cleric gets attacked first and responds with deadly force?

So a Cleric is only in "offense mode" when they attack initially?

Healing others is never a "offensive" action so healing someone or themselves is not affected.

Of course this has no effect upon mobs, so if a mob is involved then there is not reduction.

I can agree with this...
    Last edited by Delphya; 05-27-2011 at 02:21 PM.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

A rank 6 Cleric, in the right spec, is practically a raid boss, so yeah it needs some tweaking. There are some clearly over powered builds, when you're taking less damage in R2 gear than a fully R6 geared warrior, self healing when hit and when you hit just from buffs, hitting like an elite, and able to self heal up at pratically no mana cost you need a nerf of some kind.

Though honestly I'm not sure what it would be fair to nerf, none of the buffs are OP alone it's the combined effect that makes it ridiculous, and the DPS wouldn't be so bad without the self healing, and you can't nerf healing without making PvE a problem. Hell I don't know watch Dalla's PvP videos on youtube to see what I'm talking about the only way I've ever seen him die was when he was afk, unbuffed and offguard, or in the wrong spec.

Every person in the game understands this clearly.

Extreamly high dps with full healing, instant heals, etc...

This is completly unbalencing in pvp there is no way to counter this at all. Please play your own game and understand the issues.

Fix pvp
    Clerics EITHER have reasonable DPS OR healing. Not both.
    If they hybrid they have meh DPS and meh heals.
    If they go tank spec they have pathetic DPS, great survivability, and poor healing of others. Ignore them, it is like attacking a tank specced warrior or RS. That is what they are counting on you doing. Almost every WF I look at the stats and see that I am #1 in damage taken except when fighting a PM and they are smart enough to ignore me until last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Feel free to not reply if you a cleric
    Pls feel free to not reply if you don't understand how cleric souls work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Damn, where do you people find these clerics ?!

I have rank 3 gear mixed with GS gear and i don't hit anywhere near as hard as rogue/mages and while yes, i can take a beating, in order to do so i have to sacrifice dps to the point where I hit like a wet noodle.

Max mitigation a cleric can get:

20 pts into justicar for 15%
    3 pts into shamman for 3%
    full rank 5/6 30%
    Some temp mitigation can be gained from templar and healer's covenant.

I'm pretty sure most classes get very close to those numbers.. In order to have good mitigation + healing, we sacrifice most of our dps and almost all burst. Simple as that.

You guys are missing a little important part here, all classes have GOOD mitigation. Healers have about the same mitigation as everyone else, nothing godly. We just have a dedicated healer spamming heals on us: Ourselves.

I can either a) heal myself or b) hit you with my 300 dps. You won't kill me, but we're both wasting eachother's time cause neither will I. While you're beating on me, i also can't heal my team.

Clerics are fine, I've had a lot of rogues and warriors kill me easily. Know how ?

Step1: heal debuff
    Step2: stun and dps me down.
    Step3: i start healing myself, gimped since i only do 50%
    Step4: you can probably beat my 300 HPS while i'm only healing for 50% efficiency, if you can't, your gear sucks.

If you have T1/T2 blues and a crap weapon, do not expect to beat the HPS of geared cleric, alone. A rank 6 mage hands ne my *** as do rank 6 rogues. Rogues can actually stun lock me close to 40% life and heal debuff me. Mages can 2 shot me..

Stop QQing and l2p.
    Noktrin - Cleric - <vVv>

Too lazy to make a rift sig. Enjoy my Aion one

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    A rank 6 Cleric, in the right spec, is practically a raid boss, so yeah it needs some tweaking. There are some clearly over powered builds, when you're taking less damage in R2 gear than a fully R6 geared warrior, self healing when hit and when you hit just from buffs, hitting like an elite, and able to self heal up at pratically no mana cost you need a nerf of some kind.

Though honestly I'm not sure what it would be fair to nerf, none of the buffs are OP alone it's the combined effect that makes it ridiculous, and the DPS wouldn't be so bad without the self healing, and you can't nerf healing without making PvE a problem. Hell I don't know watch Dalla's PvP videos on youtube to see what I'm talking about the only way I've ever seen him die was when he was afk, unbuffed and offguard, or in the wrong spec.
    Lol. I'm an r2 cleric, fully pvp geared. Stick an r6 champion, nightblade, marksman or assassin on me and I'm dead in <10 seconds. Most other dpsers, short of 1 shot red ball pyro, I can handle for quite some time.

+ Reply to Thread