+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scale All Mounts to Highest Speed

Default Scale All Mounts to Highest Speed

I'm not sure if this has been suggested. I tried to search it and I couldn't find anything. Anyways, I really would like all mounts to scale to the highest mount speed a character has. We already have a couple mounts that do, so why not all. I love collecting things (mounts and non-combat pets mostly) so I'd love to collect all the mounts I can, but still be able to use them all.
    Best Signature on the Interwebz

Also another suggestion. Reduce the cost of rare and epic mounts. 100-125 plat per mount is a lot if you are looking to collect.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cryianne View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been suggested. I tried to search it and I couldn't find anything. Anyways, I really would like all mounts to scale to the highest mount speed a character has. We already have a couple mounts that do, so why not all. I love collecting things (mounts and non-combat pets mostly) so I'd love to collect all the mounts I can, but still be able to use them all.
    that would work for you, but it would remove a money sink for a large percentage of the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by elosrekat View Post
    that would work for you, but it would remove a money sink for a large percentage of the player base.
    If you were collecting them, you would still spend a large chunk of change to acquire them. Also would be nice if we had more rep mounts. Different colored armored ones. Especially for DSC faction. All that rep and 1 mount.

Sez

If you were collecting them, you would still spend a large chunk of change to acquire them. Also would be nice if we had more rep mounts. Different colored armored ones. Especially for DSC faction. All that rep and 1 mount.
    You missed the bus on that one. They used to have 4 different colors. A few people got them.

Also, collecting Pokemon cards is best done by rich kids. Why would collecting ponies be any different?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Sword of Telara

so why not all.
    I hope they never do this. In fact I wish they hadn't done it for the turtle, or made it optional. I have friends that I help out (find saga quest stuff, etc.) who have slow mounts, and it's a pain the butt that I'm much faster than them and have to keep stopping to let them catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejaye View Post
    I hope they never do this. In fact I wish they hadn't done it for the turtle, or made it optional. I have friends that I help out (find saga quest stuff, etc.) who have slow mounts, and it's a pain the butt that I'm much faster than them and have to keep stopping to let them catch up.
    That has nothing to do with what I am suggesting. I am saying that all mounts should run at the highest speed mount that you have. That way your 60% mounts will run at 110% if you have a 110% mount. Just be nice to have because I love the Vaiyuus but they are slower so its kind of p.i.t.a. when I have something faster.

Sez

40p will solve that.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

General of Telara

sorry I didn't phrase my point well. It would not remove a money sink for the portion of the population that are collectors and want everyone, but it would remove a money sink from a very large portion of the player base.

/signed for mount speed scaling.

/no for reducing the cost.

I collect mounts too - it's just another thing to spend time on. Cutting the cost would impair their function as a gold sink and time sink. It would also make it less rewarding to obtain one.

Also, @ the player frustrated at your fast mount outrunning your lowby friends... right click their portrait and select 'follow' and let them lead. That is a non-issue.
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    40p will solve that.
    To bad I don't have 40p to waste, and it'd have to be 135p. Nor do I believe in welfare.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Haliaeetus View Post
    Also, @ the player frustrated at your fast mount outrunning your lowby friends... right click their portrait and select 'follow' and let them lead. That is a non-issue.
    If they knew where to go, they wouldn't need help.

Only if it's able to be toggled on or off. If it is, great idea, if not, well I like being able to ride along side my lowbie friends without zooming ahead of them and waiting.

Thumbs up

/signed for mount scaling
    /not signed for reducing costs
    /insists that scaling be optional

If they knew where to go, they wouldn't need help.
    /sigh. Then right-click the map.

/agree with Nerus's motion to allow it to be toggled on and off, though.
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

+ Reply to Thread