+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greater Essences and Trinkets

Rift Disciple

Default Greater Essences and Trinkets

The former of these is far more important to me, but I want to touch on both. Some of the trinkets provide a 'chance' to proc as well as possess an internal cooldown (though I think it is .0001 for most). Unfortunately if I don't know the 'chance' of it proccing it is difficult to decide whether or not it is worth using prior to obtaining the item.

The same of course is true for greater essences. A good example is the level 42 greater that inflicts 140 or so damage on hit and 75 over time, comparied to the 50 purple greater than inflicts 120 per hit. Which of these is better? Is the proc higher on the purple? What about the internal cooldown? Providing information on these things would be a huge help to the effectiveness of the player base.

On to the important topic however.. why are some of the sourcestone greaters so broken while others are worse than the lessers you could put in the slot.

Examples of broken essences are: +100 attack power for using an ability for the total duration of it's cooldown, +63 damage to all air and water spells against hypothermia'd targets (nearly double the base damage of the most frequently spammed spell).

Examples of useless essences: 28 extra spellpower after casting countdown (for the duration of it's cooldown), +15 damage to winter storm, +18 to Backstab, +33 attack power for 8 seconds for a 16 second cooldown skill, 10% chance to gain 84 spellpower from pet attacks for 10 seconds, with 15 internal cooldown, +33 armor per void knight armor application (yay 330 armor when i'm already at cap!) and a 'chance' for bolt of depravity to provide +84 spellpower cause everyone spams that skill.

Some of these would be useful if they were boosted by attack or spellpower. Others are total garbage and need a complete overhaul.

There are a couple more broken stones, and several more god awful ones, that provide less additional damage/healing per second than a lesser in the same slot. Please take another look at these stones and make some adjustments to them. If you want to compare them to anything, use the necrotic stone's effect as a baseline and then increase it by 50% or so. I'm tired of turning into a lich.. plus both factions should be happy that way too!
    Last edited by CdrRogdan; 05-27-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Rift Disciple

Shameless bump

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by CdrRogdan View Post
    Shameless bump
    Agreed.
    And also we need more rewards in zone rare and normal planarite vendors.
    I believe highest lvl stuff you can get from them atm is lvl 45.

+ Reply to Thread