+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would like to see an "in-progress list"

Thumbs up Would like to see an "in-progress list"

I have been following the What's New? now for a month or two and noticed one annoying thing. For all the effort of Trion to impress and maintain the game for the community, there is no real idea what they are planning for the future of Rift on a grander scale.

I'm not interested in patch updates (i'll adjust and adapt), or thread closures from the dev's... which is all that seems to be happening for the most part these days as the influx of emo-kid whiner forum trolls post their babble...

What I really want to see is a maintained post from a dev, that clearly defines their timeline for the next few major content patches. ( i could be missing something on a fan site, fill me in if so, but likely the podcast banter isn't going to fulfill what i'm asking )

What i really need is to be able to come to these forums and not have to read through 15 million troll / negative pointless posts to find anything that may pertain to the future of this game.

Thanks.
    Guild Leader of Unholy - Defiant Regulos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kozza
    Anyone who has worked in customer service knows that customers will always complain about something. Trion could give out kittens to everyone and you'd still get people saying "Where's my puppy Trion? In fact, you should have given me a puppy two weeks ago. Don't you realize that most of your customers are puppy-lovers and not kitten-lovers? If you don't give us puppies right away, you're going to lose EVEN MORE subs."

Possibly followed by someone else saying "Trion never advertised this as a puppy-centric game, 80% of players want kittens, get over it."

Rift Disciple

I dont want to know, and hopefully Trion wont make that mistake.

That opens way for speculation, massive trolling and everything else that can be bad.
    Think that 80% of people create massive expectations even about rumors; if Trion adapts such transparent policy, it will easily be out of control. Meaning that an mature playerbase will fall down to childish status based on something that no one really knows its true or not because its been so distorted, because the theoretical pros and cons will be measured to exhaustion until everyone threatens to unsub way before anything has happened.

You see what i mean?
    Forum Trolls are defined by the number of posts.

Rift Disciple

I agree, it would be nice if they could let us know what the plans are. Especially for us pvp'ers, so we can know if we should just leave now, or wait for them to do something for pvp content.

Shadowlander

A thread that Trion posts in the forums, that they can refer the whiners to, which essentially says, "Yes we know about this issue, and we are working on it"?

Quote Originally Posted by X3n0m0rph View Post
    I dont want to know, and hopefully Trion wont make that mistake.

That opens way for speculation, massive trolling and everything else that can be bad.
    Think that 80% of people create massive expectations even about rumors; if Trion adapts such transparent policy, it will easily be out of control. Meaning that an mature playerbase will fall down to childish status based on something that no one really knows its true or not because its been so distorted, because the theoretical pros and cons will be measured to exhaustion until everyone threatens to unsub way before anything has happened.

You see what i mean?
    I see what you mean, but I just think its a bad idea to cater your game's propaganda to the trolls of MMO-dom... make it known that you are avidly working on new content, and make it known what the idea's are... but put a clause in there stating that trolling based on theoretical ideals is simply redundant... however how is that different than now?

Sigh, i just want to know if they are doing anything "ground breaking" or captivating for the mmo genre... things in this industry are getting pretty cookie cutter, and so far i have been very impressed with Trion's aptitude in doing what other games couldn't.

anyways, troll on people of Trions forums, ill continue to hit the What's New? in hopes it pops a Dev post detailing something useful and exciting.
    Guild Leader of Unholy - Defiant Regulos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kozza
    Anyone who has worked in customer service knows that customers will always complain about something. Trion could give out kittens to everyone and you'd still get people saying "Where's my puppy Trion? In fact, you should have given me a puppy two weeks ago. Don't you realize that most of your customers are puppy-lovers and not kitten-lovers? If you don't give us puppies right away, you're going to lose EVEN MORE subs."

Possibly followed by someone else saying "Trion never advertised this as a puppy-centric game, 80% of players want kittens, get over it."

+ Reply to Thread