+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Porticulum Masters as Town Criers

Default Porticulum Masters as Town Criers

When rift events trigger in the various zones, it would be nice if the Porticulum Masters in the unaffected zones were to announce the events. Consider it as an action of the NPCs to call for reinforcements etc.

Just a thought.

On that subject, how hard would it be to split the inzone announcements such that Defiants not see/hear the Guardian announcements and vice versa? If you're in zone, you can see where the invasions are headed via the map. I like the flavor of the NPC's yelling out in the zone to direct their own factions, I just don't think we need to see both sides.

I like seeing both sides. It will be helpful when they get rid of the artificial grouping barrier so Defiants and Guardians will be able to actually play with one another
    Last edited by Ayenn; 05-27-2011 at 04:47 AM.
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

Foamy tells it like it is!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ayenn View Post
    I like seeing both sides. It will be helpful when they get rid of the artificial grouping barrier so Defiants and Guardians will be able to actually play with one another
    Disagree. I like the barrier, and I hope it never goes away. Otherwise there is no point to the factions, and it destroys part of the story and lore.

As for OP, I'm not against that. But, again from story and lore, how would they spread the word? I think it would be handy, but I don't think it's a necessary feature. Plus, with the amount of invasions happening all the time, I think it would be border-line spam.
    Also, I don't mind seeing both sides announcements. Either way, if I'm near them, they'll aggro and kill me. So it's nice to know, even if it's just to avoid that area.
    Last edited by Kardon74; 05-27-2011 at 05:32 AM.

How? They simply send messages via the portals to the nearest ones, who do the same.
    Why? To defeat the invaders

Thus... lore/rpg is ok. A little bit useless, as you can see the "event" image on the region when it happens.
    CPU: i7-2600k @ 4.5 Ghz | GPU: GeForce 560 GTX Ti | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz 7-9-7-24 | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by elegos87 View Post
    How? They simply send messages via the portals to the nearest ones, who do the same.
    Why? To defeat the invaders

Thus... lore/rpg is ok. A little bit useless, as you can see the "event" image on the region when it happens.
    You got half of my point but missed the other.

I'm recommending that if there's a zone event in IPP for instance, the PM's in the other zones, or even maybe just Sanctum/Meridian announce the event/invasion in order to effectively recruit reinforcements.

+ Reply to Thread