+ Reply to Thread

Thread: General UI changes

Shadowlander

Default General UI changes

I'd like options/settings for these suggestions. It is likely that these suggestions have come up several times already but I can't be arsed to read every page.

Raid frames:
    Mana bars on raid frames, so I don't have to click on every cleric while fighting a boss.
    Resurrection casting indicator on raid frames, so everyone can see that a res is incoming for that target.
    Resurrection pending indicator, shows that the target has a res waiting for accept.
    Soul walk indicator. Shows (out of combat) if a person is able to soul walk in the raid frames.
    Sort debuffs so that friendly debuffs won't get listed with enemy debuffs.

Target frame:
    My own buffs listed before other players buffs. Perhaps with a brighter outline than others buffs.
    Option to hide buffs with a duration over 5 minutes, unless they're my own buffs.
    A keybind or UI button to toggle show/hide these long duration buffs.

General UI:
    A target casting bar. A movable bar that shows what the target is casting.
    A better overhead health/power bar for nearby enemies. And options for showing multiple enemies and friendly overhead bars. And a way to distinguish friend vs foe on these bars.

Soulwalker

All good suggestions. I agree with most of them (some more than others), but what I'd personally also like is:

A Quartz type of system integrated into the casting bars. What this does is calculates the casting time vs your latency. So, the system will theoretically show you the correct casting time for when an ability actually registers on a server. So you can time interrupts accordingly for your enemies, or clip an ability at the correct time when the previous one has been detected on the server, and not when your client registers it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by FeralFox View Post
    All good suggestions. I agree with most of them (some more than others), but what I'd personally also like is:

A Quartz type of system integrated into the casting bars. What this does is calculates the casting time vs your latency. So, the system will theoretically show you the correct casting time for when an ability actually registers on a server. So you can time interrupts accordingly for your enemies, or clip an ability at the correct time when the previous one has been detected on the server, and not when your client registers it.
    There's really no need for this type of feature. Global cooldowns and spell buffering work towards this same end.

One addition to the OP. I'd like to see an XP bar that's removable from the basic gump.
    Last edited by Meepit; 05-27-2011 at 04:13 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Meepit View Post
    There's really no need for this type of feature. Global cooldowns and spell buffering work towards this same end.

One addition to the OP. I'd like to see an XP bar that's removable from the basic gump.
    Care to explain this a bit, since I don't really understand what you mean? Not questioning you, I just really don't understand.

The Quartz type of functionality to me is more of a wishlist item for those of us that sometimes tend to have latency - It allows you to better coordinate timing of abilities and, for instance, allows you to faster casting --> movement ratio when your latency isn't as good as your "near-server-based" counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatless View Post
    I'd like options/settings for these suggestions. It is likely that these suggestions have come up several times already but I can't be arsed to read every page.

Raid frames:
    Mana bars on raid frames, so I don't have to click on every cleric while fighting a boss.
    Resurrection casting indicator on raid frames, so everyone can see that a res is incoming for that target.
    Resurrection pending indicator, shows that the target has a res waiting for accept.
    Soul walk indicator. Shows (out of combat) if a person is able to soul walk in the raid frames.
    Sort debuffs so that friendly debuffs won't get listed with enemy debuffs.

Target frame:
    My own buffs listed before other players buffs. Perhaps with a brighter outline than others buffs.
    Option to hide buffs with a duration over 5 minutes, unless they're my own buffs.
    A keybind or UI button to toggle show/hide these long duration buffs.

General UI:
    A target casting bar. A movable bar that shows what the target is casting.
    A better overhead health/power bar for nearby enemies. And options for showing multiple enemies and friendly overhead bars. And a way to distinguish friend vs foe on these bars.
    macro:
    party Rezzing %t
    cast (rez spell) w/out parenthesis

You can substitute raid for party.

The only thing I'm missing form the UI is the lack of HOTS on raid frames.

Shadowlander

Well ofcourse you can use macros but it still won't give you a visual confirmation of what is going on.
    Any UI element that can help with visual confirmation of different aspects of the game will make it better, more pleasant, and gives a smoother enjoyable gameplay.

Rift Disciple

Default raid frames alternative to normal party

I would simply like the alternative of showing only the raid frames instead of party.

This would allow me to easily move it down (tho I know normal party frames can be modified)
    and have a consistent UI for everything I do.

And yes I used to use grid in wow on all of my characters and loved it.

Soulwalker

I love that i've been able to move everything on the ui where I want them. I play with my player from, target, tot, and focus above the action bars.

What I would like to request is a way to make the buffs/debuffs appear above the target unit frame. If this is already doable, will somebody instruct me as to hoe.

Thanks in advance

Soulwalker

I only have two changes to the UI that really seem necessary at this point. The biggest is the ability to change the fade distance on raid frames (the distance a player has to be from you for teh frame to fade out showing that they are a long distance away). I spend most of my time healing in PvP and the current fade distance is just slightly longer than my actual casting distance so alot of times I'll waste time trying to heal someone who's actually out of range and end up missing the chance to save someone who really was in range.

Some of the other changes people have mentioned seem nice, though I would prefer them to be added as options rather than automatically showing at all times. Raid frames are intentionally small to conserve screen space, but the trade off to that is theres not much space to list things inside the box, so the option to pick and choose what we feel are teh important notes would make alot of the previously mentioned changes much more useful to individual players.

+ Reply to Thread