+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Add auctioneers to every major hub in every zone

Default Add auctioneers to every major hub in every zone

Seriously, is there a reason the auctioneers are only in Meridian/Sanctum? Do you know how annoying it is to be in Stillmoor and find out that you were outbid so you have to drop what you're doing and soul recall back to town to rebid? If auctioneers were located at the major porticulum hubs, then people might actually occassionally save themselves to those places instead of being forced to live in the main city.

it would be solved if the BID option wasn't a 1 feature tool, but instead allowed us to put our max bid offer and it would automatically increase our bid up to that point much like EBAY. A fairly simple feature i was surprised wasn't already programmed.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post
    it would be solved if the BID option wasn't a 1 feature tool, but instead allowed us to put our max bid offer and it would automatically increase our bid up to that point much like EBAY. A fairly simple feature i was surprised wasn't already programmed.
    Though to be fair, that doesn't help when you're deliberately in a bidding war with someone. If you put in your max price, and it raises your bid to that max, you will still just get outbid.

It'd help the seller as they get more money but not the buyers who are trying to win an auction.

There is simply no reason why auctioneers should only be in the main city. We have crafting areas and trainers in other zones, so why not auctioneers too?

Shadowlander

I am against this idea. Then there would be even less reason to go back to the major cities.
    Yes, it would be convenient, but it wouldn't fit the story, lore, or give a giant benefit, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bufkus View Post
    Though to be fair, that doesn't help when you're deliberately in a bidding war with someone. If you put in your max price, and it raises your bid to that max, you will still just get outbid.

It'd help the seller as they get more money but not the buyers who are trying to win an auction.

There is simply no reason why auctioneers should only be in the main city. We have crafting areas and trainers in other zones, so why not auctioneers too?
    uh, that would defeat the purpose of a "Max Bid" if you were wanting to constantly go back and forth in a "Bid War". The purpose of a Max Bid is so you can set and forget... max bid meaning no matter what, i don't want to spend more than X amount. The bid war would be an automatic buildup depending on other party's Max Bid. Or if the other bidders were simply setting the current highest bid and that is all, you would be able to stay max bid at all times UP to your Max Bid.

I agree with the above guy, lowering the reasons to keep the main cities populated is a bad move.
    Getting to any local portal to pop back into the main town is a very simple/easy matter.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Champion

Simpler all round just to use a broker system (like EQ2) instead of the auction system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardon74 View Post
    I am against this idea. Then there would be even less reason to go back to the major cities.
    Yes, it would be convenient, but it wouldn't fit the story, lore, or give a giant benefit, IMO.
    How would it not fit the story or lore? And the giant benefit is obviously convenience.

Why should we be forced to go back to the main town? What's the point of being able to bind to other zones if you have no plausible incentives to bind there? Only adding an AH to the other zones would make it beneficial.

And for RP purposes, you should have some people who might prefer to stay in a beautiful town like Fortune's Shore, or be holed up in Stillmoor while they complete quests there, etc. To claim that players should always stay in the main town is silly. There is no reason to be in the main town except to do crafting and access the bank (which I think should be in every zone as well).

It sounds like people only defend the current implementation because they agree with everything Trion does, good or bad. Try play some other MMOs and see how they have every major utility (AH, bank) in every town, not just the main one.
    Last edited by Bufkus; 06-01-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bufkus View Post
    It sounds like people only defend the current implementation because they agree with everything Trion does, good or bad. Try play some other MMOs and see how they have every major utility (AH, bank) in every town, not just the main one.
    Who are you to tell me how I think? Don't pretend to know me.

Don't be lazy. Go back to the main city, it takes maybe 5 minutes round trip, and that's if you have to walk to the portcullis. I do agree there should be 2 or 3 cities, with auctioneers, etc. But not every quest hub needs one. If banks, crafting, and auctioneers were in every zone, then what is the point of the city at all? Why not just have little tiny individual towns. That's just silly now.

I wouldn't say every hub in every zone. two more for each side spaced accordingly. Likewise for bankers.
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

Foamy tells it like it is!

broker system is much better than this stupid auction thing. I don't know what piece of crap game they took this from but they should have copied EQ2.
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

+ Reply to Thread