+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reactive damage (eg. Warlock Armor) and DoTs

Ascendant

Default Reactive damage (eg. Warlock Armor) and DoTs

Any way we could get a change so that things like magic DoTs and bleeds no longer proc reactive damage from things like Warlock Armor, Charged Shield, and mob reactive armor buffs?

For example, I'm in the Codex on my assassin and I stumble across an angry warlock/necromancer/chloromancer at Translation Scope, so I go all sneaky and open with Paralyzing Strike and then mash a couple of bleeds onto him but wait...a split second before the stun wears off, I realize that rogues don't eat necrolocks. Necrolocks eat rogues. So a fraction of a second before the stun wears off I hit Slip Away and then Sprint and vroooooom...and then three seconds later I'm punked out of stealth by the warlock armor procs coming from my bleeds from 30m away and as long as those bleeds keep ticking, I'm still eating those procs. I could be crossing the bridge to vault while he runs north to Codex and I'm still taking reactive damage.

He's bleeding. I'm not touching him anymore. Make the bad man stop!

I think the warlock mentality goes something like:

For every drop of blood you spill of mine, you will pay.

or maybe that's just me

From a pvp balance perspective I don't really know, does Slip Away remove bleeds on yourself? If so I can see how the reactive armor thing might be a bit unfair. If not though, it's no different than if you got in a short fight with another rogue who put a bleed on you, tried to run away and got knocked out by it a few seconds later.

I suppose it should depend on the attack and the shield. Magical shields it might make sense to continue reflecting magic dots, but not physical.

It's like how people can block bleeds... the hell
    An Experiment In Design - Deioth's Warrior Soul Revamps - More In The Works
    Beastmaster - Paragon - Warlord Coming Soon

Please Click, Read, And Respond! Thank you!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Taolien View Post
    I think the warlock mentality goes something like:

For every drop of blood you spill of mine, you will pay.

or maybe that's just me

From a pvp balance perspective I don't really know, does Slip Away remove bleeds on yourself? If so I can see how the reactive armor thing might be a bit unfair. If not though, it's no different than if you got in a short fight with another rogue who put a bleed on you, tried to run away and got knocked out by it a few seconds later.
    Nope, Slip Away doesn't remove bleeds. As far as I know, nothing removes bleeds. Cleanse Soul would remove magic-based DoTs, but the reactive damage from things like Warlock Armor/Dark Armor aren't DoTs. They aren't even a debuff. It's based entirely on what's going on with the person I planted the bleeds on. They take a tick of bleed damage, their armor buff procs damage on me.

It's sort of like my target is covered in spikes. Every time I hit them, I poke my hand on the spikes. Solution: if your hand hurts that bad, stop hitting them.

But with reactive armors the way they are now, I stop hitting them but I keep taking damage when they take damage from my bleeds. It's like they're covered in spikes and even though I've stopped hitting them, every time their heart beats and they bleed a little more, the blood pressure shoots the spikes off their armor and hits me even if I'm 50m away. It's a double whammy that makes necrolocks a serious pain for rogues, because not only are our auto-attacks typically rather puny, they proc reactive damage. Our ability attacks proc reactive damage. And then our bleeds proc reactive damage. If you look at the bleed damage from Serrated Blades, it's usually pretty puny in the grand scheme of things, but not only is it damaging me even if I'm no longer attacking the target, in the case of Warlock Armor it's actually healing the warlock.

I've actually had situations (albeit rarely) where I'll die fighting a warlock in Black Garden, get in on the tail end of the rez timer at the GY, quickly buff while running back towards the fight and then suddenly realize that I'm taking damage. From the bleeds I left on the warlock before I died.

Rift Disciple

I second this. Bleeds/dots should not proc reactive armors. I have lost count of the number of times rogues have destroyed themselves on those black ghosties in runic descent. It should proc on the first hit of the bleed or dot.

+ Reply to Thread