+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arena PvP

Default Arena PvP

There sho uld be Arena for PvP , 2vs2 3vs3 5vs5. Why we have to play only Mass PvP ? some players like to play indyvidual PvP 1v1 or 2v2 , you should make something like Arena .

Plane Walker

This game doesn't have mass PvP. Warfronts are not mass PvP. Neither is arena PvP (more like glorified duel).

What this game is sorely missing is open world PvP objectives and markers, in the same way PvE major events are marked on the map.

No to Arena idea. Waste of time and money.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    No to Arena idea. Waste of time and money.
    Seriously, just go back to WoW. You want to make an exact duplicate of a flawed system that they have over there, that cause ENORMOUS balancing problems from crybabies the whine forever why their 2v2 comp can't beat another 2v2 comp?

This is the worst idea ever.

And for the record, I loved arenas in WoW when they first started. What they have become? Not so much. The homogenization of classes and specs, so that everything is "fair", decayed the uniqueness of character builds.

If I want to go compete in a 2v2 arena battle, using spells and swords, I know right where to go. Keep it out of this game please

EDIT: Romiz - I did not mean to quote you, meant to quote original post, I agree with you!
    Last edited by Landvia; 05-26-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Seriously you are ******ed... what is the point of making rogules pvp abilities like chain stuns etc when those are for 1v1 duels .. you can use what you want on mass pvp ( and 20 players vs 20 players in warfront is already mass pvp you dumb ) on one player but you wont be able to kill that player because you will die faster you think from a player behind you or 5 enemies next to you that came ... You are probably a noob 1 key clicker staying back and just healing/buffing , thats why you disagre Arenas 2v2 3v3 matches , there you have to use skills , brain and more than 1 ability . It is annoying when you build up a assassin rogue for pure pvp , you can win every 1v1 duel and enemy won't even hit you once , when it is useless for warfronts ..... 1 vs 5 or 10 is not fun and not fair

I played a lot of arena in WoW, and for a time I was the #1 DK on my server fighting each week to stay #1 at my comp on my Battlegroup. Despite that, I would not look forward to arena in this game. Why? The biggest reason is that it's easier to balance a simple game than it is to balance a complex game. Think about it: why is Blizzard ruining WoW via homogenization? It's a vain attempt at balance.

Chess is one of the most balanced games of all time, but the creators had to sacrifice diversity in order to make that happen. What's the difference between the sides? Color. Your queen is your enemy's queen, and your pawn is your enemy's pawn. I can't have Rift turn into WoW or even chess, as lovely as it is; I want the options, and I'll give up some venues to keep those options.
    Last edited by Odamir; 05-26-2011 at 11:48 AM.
    ((A gentleman never speaks out of bracket.))

Sometimes one must cast aside nobility in order to see justice done - Odamir the Lion

+ Reply to Thread