+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Use the Wardrobe system to determine NEED

Default Use the Wardrobe system to determine NEED

The wardrobe system is perfect for the NEED/GREED decision making.

If a armor item can be equipped in the wardrobe then NEED can be chosen, if not; then the only options are GREED and PASS. This will prevent callings that cannot use a armor item in the Wardrobe from 'stealing' it from those that can.

Due to the way the wardrobe system is setup only the callings for which the armors were originally intended can be equip them.

This does not stop a player from choosing GREED if they want to receive the item for runecrafting or armor breaking and if nobody of the proper calling is on the scene then the item is totally GREED.

The functionality and programming are already done; all they need to do is link them to the NEED/GREED/PASS system.
    Last edited by Delphya; 05-25-2011 at 08:49 PM.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Quote Originally Posted by Delphya View Post
    The wardrobe system is perfect for the NEED/GREED decision making.

If a armor item can be equipped in the wardrobe then NEED can be chosen, if not; then the only options are GREED and PASS. This will prevent callings that cannot use a armor item in the Wardrobe from 'stealing' it from those that can.

Due to the way the wardrobe system is setup only the callings for which the armors were originally intended can be equip them.

This does not stop a player from choosing GREED if they want to receive the item for runecrafting or armor breaking and if nobody of the proper calling is on the scene then the item is totally GREED.

The functionality and programming are already done; all they need to do is link them to the NEED/GREED/PASS system.
    This would be a bad idea until they fix classes that actually preform better when wearing armor outside of their class.
    Take warriors for example. Certain dps specs actual preform better when wearing crit leather than str plate.
    Its not those players fault that Trion designed their class that way.
    Try telling that warrior he can not have his best in slot item because its leather instead of plate!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    This would be a bad idea until they fix classes that actually preform better when wearing armor outside of their class.
    Take warriors for example. Certain dps specs actual preform better when wearing crit leather than str plate.
    Try telling that warrior he can not have his best in slot item because its leather instead of plate!
    This will only prevent a Warrior from choosing need, it does not prevent them from choosing greed.

If they communicate their desire to have the item, a rogue with better gear would probably choose pass since their gear is already better.

But you are right, they need to make more plate with +crit instead of forcing warriors to choose leather over plate.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Quote Originally Posted by Delphya View Post
    This will only prevent a Warrior from choosing need, it does not prevent them from choosing greed.

If they communicate their desire to have the item, a rogue with better gear would probably choose pass since their gear is already better.

But you are right, they need to make more plate with +crit instead of forcing warriors to choose leather over plate.
    IMHO this is not a good idea. I know allot of clerics that sometimes wear cloth pieces and I am a warrior that does have leather pieces . If we can use it to boost our combat ability then we deserve just as much a chance to get it. Taking away the option to select need is not good thinking.

Shadowlander

again it is the abuse that is the problem. yeah the warrior may actually use that leather item but what about that rogue? he can use leather and cloth only... the warrior can wear leather, cloth, plate, and mail. this would allow the warrior to be able to need on all gear which screws those that dont have that option. take a mage for example.. can only use cloth. how bad would it suck if a nice cloth robe droped that would be a great upgrade and he gets out "needed" by a rogue/cleric/warrior?

Sure if used in the correct intention it would be fine, but there are too many people who abuse these things.

Im sorry, i still think mages should only be able to need on cloth, clerics on chain, rogues on leather, and warriors on plate.. I also personally think it should go further and do it by your role.. I.E. if you are a dps warrior you shouldnt be able to need on a plate tank item... you arent there as the tank and should not be able to take an item the tank needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    I have started a thread (although unpopular) with an idea to address loot distribution and weighing Need rolls http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...4-DKP-for-Rift as it currently stands their is some kinks that need to ironed out but I feel it helps facilitate discussion to reach an appropriate compromise.

In pugs when there are BoE items and they can be sold, I need. I'm not a ninja, I don't know if that player really needs that item, I only know he can wear it.

In guild/friends groups, well we usually are on audio chat.
    CPU: i7-2600k @ 4.5 Ghz | GPU: GeForce 560 GTX Ti | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz 7-9-7-24 | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit

I love that clerics really only benefit from wisdom chain =D Poor everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by elegos87 View Post
    In pugs when there are BoE items and they can be sold, I need. I'm not a ninja
    Actually, that pretty much defines ninja. If you did that in one of my groups, you'd be kicked, blacklisted, and ignored.
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
    IMHO this is not a good idea. I know allot of clerics that sometimes wear cloth pieces and I am a warrior that does have leather pieces . If we can use it to boost our combat ability then we deserve just as much a chance to get it. Taking away the option to select need is not good thinking.
    This would be viable if Mages and Rogues were given the opportunity to wear Chain and Plate.

While it is easy to say I deserve the same chance, you are being selfish because there are callings (like the Mage) who has no other choice; a Cleric choosing need on a Cloth item that a Mage needs is removing the only viable option from the Mage since they can only choose cloth.

I believe in communication, if I am playing my Mage and a cloth item comes up that is not as good as what I am wearing; I will GREED it, because I don't really NEED it. If a Cleric in my groups says she wants it, and I have not yet chosen, I will even PASS just so she can get it.

BUT... If it is a upgrade for me and I am the only Mage there, I should get it since I have no other options; the same with Rogues and leather and Clerics and chain.

But over all, Trion needs to address the reason why Cleric players would choose cloth over chain and Warriors would choose leather over plate and adjust the armors to better fit the play style.

When a Mage can choose (not that they ever would) plate or chain as a need item then it would be viable for a Cleric to choose cloth.

+ Reply to Thread