+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Agro from things MUCH lower lvl than you

Soulwalker

Default Agro from things MUCH lower lvl than you

First up I have to say that I am really enjoying this game, it's a welcome respite from that other MMO that we are all sick of, you've managed to take most of the positives from it and spin in some unique and flexible additives, the character class system is by far my favourite of the new dynamics and the ability to turn a main into an alt with RADICALLY different gameplay is a joy...I would like to see more slots openable for different specs (you have 4 already so you aren't big on limiting it so why stop there?) but it's still better than the competition

HOWEVER

One really REALLY annoying friggin' thing about this game is traversing the wilderness when you have outlevelled it...when a rift or some other world even happens that you want to be a part of, you go riding through the map and then bang...you actually get knocked off your mount by something more than 10 levels below you...this shouldn't happen and I fail to see any positives in it doing so.

You've managed to set almost everything else up to be a user friendly experience but that is always a pain in the arse, it's not any sort of challenge, you take a couple seconds and kill the dopey animals but it seems at odds with every other part of your gameplay which seems to be structured around making things intuitive and easy for the end user while also making the levelling and class system extremely powerful....I'm just wondering why on earth you think it adds to gameplay to be able to get aggro and worse get knocked off your damn mount by a mob that is so far below your lvl to pose absolutely zero threat...just annoyance....I'm all for challenge but annoyance is something nobody likes....

Cheers,
    - Tsun

Plane Touched

2nded.

It makes no sense from a customer service standpoint OR a roleplay standpoint. I'm pretty sure that if some badass in full crazy plate with huge muscles and a claymore stepped in the middle of a group of 5 dudes with butter knives that they aren't going to be like... SPPPPPAAAARRRRRTTTTTTAAAAAA and charge at the guy whacking his armor impotently with their soft , dull blades if he was just trying to ride by peacefully.

Shadowlander

3rd'd on this one. I will go a step further and say that I think Rift knocks players off mounts far too much, far more than any other game I have ever played.

There comes a point when you just want to go from one point to another. Rift has a crowded game world with few--sometimes no--clear paths to ride through, so the only way to get somewhere is to mount up and ride. Unfortunately you get knocked off as soon a mob hits you or casts a spell (occasionally I do not get dismounted, but usually) and you have to slow-crawl your way EVERYWHERE, killing all the many mobs to go anywhere.

Sometimes that gets old. I don't mind hammering my way into a mob-infested area to do a quest, but to get back out? To go anywhere?

Yes! Please change this - it's a major annoyance!

/signed.
    ...twice!
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

Agree . So annoying 10 lvl mob attack your 50 lvl character , slows you and follow long time . -5 lvls down mobs shouldnt be aggresive for you anymore

+ Reply to Thread