+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change the mathosian racial skill

Default Change the mathosian racial skill

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like the mathosians got stiffed with the racial skill. It's a 30% group speed buff that lasts 10 seconds vs the flying leap of other races or the 70% self-only 15 second speed buff of the Eth. Personally, I haven't found any time that I am actually grouped and can still use the racial skill (can't use racials in dungeons, warfronts, and while in combat). So, most of the time I, and many other mathosians I've spoken to, simply end up with a gimped 30% buff for 10 seconds that is usually used while running to/from the portcullis in Sanctum. I would probably use the camouflage fox-form skill of the Kelari more often just to get by enemies without a fight.

I suggest either increasing the duration of the speed buff, or increasing the amount of speed gained. Or something else. Anything else.
    Last edited by Ferago; 05-25-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferago View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like the mathosians got stiffed with the racial skill. It's a 30% group speed buff that lasts 10 seconds vs the flying leap of other races or the 70% self-only 15 second speed buff of the Eth. Personally, I haven't found any time that I am actually grouped and can still use the racial skill (can't use racials in dungeons, warfronts, and while in combat). So, most of the time I, and many other mathosians I've spoken to, simply end up with a gimped 30% buff for 10 seconds that is usually used while running to/from the portcullis in Sanctum. I would probably use the camouflage fox-form skill of the Kelari more often just to get by enemies without a fight.

I suggest either increasing the duration of the speed buff, or increasing the amount of speed gained. Or something else. Anything else.
    Also the Kelari racial needs to last like 30 minutes not seconds. It is useless for anything other than to look cute.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

I stand by my pre-racial changes position that they should simply be re-classified as Ascended Traits of which you can pick one when you roll your character.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Ferago View Post

What level are you now? What level were you when you realized that you didn't like the racial?
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Verodio View Post
    What level are you now? What level were you when you realized that you didn't like the racial?
    I like that.

Yeah, why not just be a dwarf?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I like that.

Yeah, why not just be a dwarf?
    Agree. Go with Dwarf if you feel your racial is fail.

Yea mathosian and kelari racials are garbage.

I'd like to see them changed to something more like this:

Mathisoan:
    Passive 10% movespeed increase, possibly shared by group members when applicable.

Kelari:
    No cooldown, lasts until canceled, increased effect. Right now, turning into a fox seems to only shed a couple feet off of an agro radius... imo it should basically be a stealth, except you'd still be visible/targetable to other players. (perhaps, you should also spontaneously agro certain mobs from a much greater distance - I've noticed wolves and such will agro on critters, so makeing yourself a critter should add you to the snacklist ^_^)
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

Champion

If you prefer the racial trait of a particular race, then play that race. Not much point in choosing one thing then wanting the other.

Soulwalker

Is there a free race change?

+ Reply to Thread