+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unmark Target - MouseWheel - Hotfix Termonology

Shadowlander

Default Unmark Target - MouseWheel - Hotfix Termonology

Hey Trion,

I'll start by asking for the same thing as thousands of others, please incorporate mousewheel up and down into the bindable keys, it is infuriating that it isn't there. I personally use Pageup/Pagedown or +/- on the numpad for Zoom in / Zoom out traditionally.

Secondly, There are binds for marking target kill orders, 1-8 (I use the numpad), but I can't find a bind for unmark target. I want to bind Numpad 0 to the functionality found by right clicking a portrait and saying "remove target marking".

Thirdly, Hotfixes are misleading. A Hotfix implies that there will be a server side, and not a client side update. Yet for hotfixes the client side is still updating making it more like a minor patch.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Engibeering View Post
    Thirdly, Hotfixes are misleading. A Hotfix implies that there will be a server side, and not a client side update. Yet for hotfixes the client side is still updating making it more like a minor patch.
    I think it is not.
    Hotfix has nothing to do with client side or server side. Hotfixes in general are fixes that fix an issue that is breaking a feature, and are deployed very fast to fix the issue.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Malyngo View Post
    I think it is not.
    Hotfix has nothing to do with client side or server side. Hotfixes in general are fixes that fix an issue that is breaking a feature, and are deployed very fast to fix the issue.
    Actually 'hotfix' is a term that's been around a LONG time, it means fixing something without a service interruption, same idea as 'hot standby' doesn't meant downtime when you switch to it .. so the OP is right, using that term to describe a 30 minute downtime is absurd.

As usual, the PC industry takes a well defined term and misuses it entirely .. just like they did with 'beta' test years ago.
    Last edited by Kerin; 05-30-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Telaran

A hotfix is a term for applying a server side patch without actual restarting the system/software i.e. on a live running system.
    But whining about 30 minutes downtime is just boo. Even whining about Trion using the terminology "hotfix" for a patch is just as boo.

I fully support mousewheel binding support. Would give me atleast 6 extra abilities on my mouse with the use of [shift],[ctrl] and [alt].
    Quote Originally Posted by orlan View Post
    im pretty sure it was cerealkiller

+ Reply to Thread