+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ingame voice chat?

Soulwalker

Default Ingame voice chat?

Anyone know if there will be ingame voice chat implimented in the game any time soon?
    Coming from Lotro with a bunch of old guildmates has made us wish for this feature again.
    We do use Vent, but it's not the same easy feature that made grouping so effortless and functional in Lotro.
    I know.."search is my friend"
    Last edited by Rhime; 05-25-2011 at 07:14 AM.

I'd guess not, even though it would be nice for pugging. It's one of those features that are nice to have yet people out there hate the idea of it anyways.

Rift Disciple

I'm sure it won't be any time soon, if ever. I feel it's a great addition, especially since you don't HAVE to use it. But having it built in where you can just chat with your group, raid, etc, is great for those who would use it, especially if you aren't in a raid guild and just PUG for everything.

Ingame voice chat is always flip a coin at how well they implement it.

Idk, I don't see any game ever making something good enough to get me off Skype/Mumble.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Diay View Post

Idk, I don't see any game ever making something good enough to get me off Skype/Mumble.
    My guild uses mumble, and my guild in WoW used TS, that said I truly enjoyed the option for ingame chat when I was in a PuG with non guild friends. It had bugs and quirks, but it was wonderful to not need to load another program to get up and go.

Telaran

DDO had in game voice from launch. They had some issues to start but overall there wasn't anything wrong with it, it worked just fine if people would set it up and use it.

Key is most didn't use it for PuG's. It makes things so much easier on tougher quests, but some simply refuse to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland View Post
    Key is most didn't use it for PuG's. It makes things so much easier on tougher quests, but some simply refuse to use it.
    I'm one of those people, I don't want to voice chat with pugs. If i'm pugging something it's something I assume is easy enough i'm trusting random people to be able to complete it without voice chat. Rather just keep my music on.
    Last edited by Diay; 05-25-2011 at 07:47 AM.

If they implement something like Mumble in game that would be cool feature.

Telaran

I'm one of those people, I don't want to voice chat with pugs. If i'm pugging something it's something I assume is easy enough i'm trusting random people to be able to complete it without voice chat. Rather just keep my music on.
    In this game there are few quests I have run into (max character is only level 40 so limited sample I know) that need voice chat to finish easily enough, so your right in game voice for this game isn't really needed. DDO actually had traps that would simply kill you out right in quests that would often be PuGed so it was important for the rogue to be able to quickly let people know they were about to die.

Rift Disciple

It would seemingly be useful for PUGs, but Mumble is open source and free so in game vchat isn't that required for me.

Champion

You say you have Ventrillo so why you'd want game voice is unclear. Game voice in EQ2 and Lotro I found to be a total pain, with volume going up exponentially if multiple people happened to speak at the same time. I always seemed to be spending far too much time adjusting individual volumes. Even if I had the same people in the channel, every time one of us reconnected the volume had to be adjusted. Having to reconnect separately for every character was also a pain. If your guild plays in more than one game, you can't talk to each other with game voice. Our Teamspeak costs less than a packet of smokes a month and is easier to use and much more sociable overall than game voice.

Ingame voice, as it stands it currently a waste of developers time let them do something more productive to the game - content etc, so many voice comms software out there to choose from that work well. would probably expect to see integrated voice comms in rift 3 years into launch.
    "You take the Blizz pill, the story ends, you wake up in your warcraft bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the Trion pill, you stay in Telara, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

Telaran

I hope they don't waste any development time. Hardly any one used the in-game voice chat in WoW, so Rift would be wise not to waste any time and continue developing other things in the game.

I wish they would add it and I would use it, even for PUGs.

But then again, I've been using Ventrillo for years now.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Edguy View Post
    Ingame voice, as it stands it currently a waste of developers time let them do something more productive to the game - content etc, so many voice comms software out there to choose from that work well. would probably expect to see integrated voice comms in rift 3 years into launch.
    I would have to agree with this. With outside software our guild can communicate even while enjoying different games. Pugs might benefit from ingame chat but I don't see this as a great priority at this time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast