+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64

Thread: Free Server Transfers should be: PVP to PVP only / PVE to PVE only

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    57

    Default Free Server Transfers should be: PVP to PVP only / PVE to PVE only

    I would like to voice my concern with the original official post about being able to go from any rule set to any rule set.

    PVE servers traditionally advance much faster than PVP servers, so I think it would be very unbalanced to allow players from PVE servers to transfer to a PVP server. Guilds that have worked hard on a PVP server could be topped overnight by a guild from a PVE server transferring in and already being well beyond the native server population in progression.

    WoW took years to lift the restrictions on PVE --> PVP transfers and I think Rift should do the same.

    No issues with PVP --> PVE for obvious reasons.

  2. #2
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrgon View Post
    being well beyond the native server population in progression.
    So your argument is: PvE guys work harder, don't let them into my PvP server because we want to be able to claim server firsts without doing as much work

    Did I get that right?

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sineater View Post
    So your argument is: PvE guys work harder, don't let them into my PvP server because we want to be able to claim server firsts without doing as much work

    Did I get that right?
    Nope, actually you have it much easier without the possibility of being ganked while questing. I have toons on both server types so don't try to tell me otherwise. It is WAY easier to level, quest, get to/from dungeons (before the tool), and rift on a PVE server. To say otherwise is a joke and an outright lie, and everyone that has ever played both rule sets knows the truth.

    There is no reason to match PVE with PVP servers in Warfronts let alone allow PVE players to switch to a PVP server.

    If you want to play on a PVP server, go roll a toon like we all did.

    There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to let someone that leveled up to 50 on a PVE server, just walk into a PVP server at max level... its a slap in the face to everyone that muscled up through all the grief to get there.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Javert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Personally started on a PvE server, leveled, or started leveling, multiple chars (4 in total, anywhere from mid 20's to mid 40's in level) then re-rolled on PvP-RP.

    While it would be nice to bring all of that over to my new server, it was my choice to re-roll, and I can affirm the difficulty difference in leveling between the two server types. So I would happily leave the original chars in the PvE realm if this limitation were adopted.

    I think the OP has a very valid point, and hope this petition is successful.
    Dimensions on Faeblight
    Rajmali: The Soggy Tissue (Gloamwood Glen), Raj's Study (Breach Chamber)
    Lachei: 55 Rue Plumet (Plaza Aurentine)
    Giorn: Tuldio Museum and Library (Edge of Infinity), Chateau Anju (Mathosian Cascades), Sea Breeze (Threesprings), Titan Arena (Shal Korva)

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Your argument is odd... but nevermind that.

    Point is, if a guy rolled on a PvE server and he finds out his mates rolled on a PvP he should be able to transfer to them, I mean that is the whole point of server transfer system to begin with.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrgon View Post
    Free Server Transfers should be: PVP to PVP only / PVE to PVE only
    Agreed .

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahover View Post
    Your argument is odd... but nevermind that..
    Because the validity of an argument is based on how new it is.

    /rolleyes
    Last edited by Kerin; 05-25-2011 at 03:02 AM.

  7. #7
    Telaran switcheffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    i want to bring my other toons to my current pvp server i started on pve with some friends then they swapped sides and i didnt want to so now im left in a dead guild on a server i dont play on so i want to be able to take my 2 toons 30ish to my pvp server that i play on without having to reroll 2 toons so that i may have one of each class if i have to reroll i wont no point in a first time server transfer when i know alot of ppl have other toons they would like to bring to current server so restricting it would be a bad move

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I did not say that your argument is new, therefor invalid, I said it is odd, which is because it is odd...

    Reason being that as I said it would ruin the point of the system, as they announced it, moving to mates, not just moving from dead server type to live server type.

    He is saying that in order to play on a PvP server you have had to be ganked and leveled up on a PvP server and I find that to be silly, you have a level 50 character and thats enough.

    It is annoying having to level up on a PvP server, because people only engage in world pvp they know they can win, e.g. 5+ levels above you or 2 mates with them, but never the less, I doubt people would level on a PvE server and then transfer to a PvP just because they cba to level on a PvP.

    If a PvE guild wants to play on a PvP server I think they should be allowed to transfer, and if the native PvP guilds haven't been able to or aren't good enough, to get the bosses down then I am fine with the PvE guild getting server firsts, it's not like it means anything anyway....

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahover View Post
    Point is, if a guy rolled on a PvE server and he finds out his mates rolled on a PvP he should be able to transfer to them, I mean that is the whole point of server transfer system to begin with.
    Not true... if his friends rolled on a PVP server... he would have the option to REROLL on that server with them... or they would be able to TRANSFER to his PVE server.

    This is the way it should be... and hopefully it will be.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahover View Post
    I did not say that your argument is new, therefor invalid, I said it is odd, which is because it is odd...
    Only odd if you haven't had the experience yet...

    Reason being that as I said it would ruin the point of the system, as they announced it, moving to mates, not just moving from dead server type to live server type.
    You are correct, and they can move all they want, PVP to PVP / PVP to PVE / or PVE to PVE.
    Just because they are on different types doesn't mean they cant transfer together... would just mean they would all have to transfer to a PVE server.

    He is saying that in order to play on a PvP server you have had to be ganked and leveled up on a PvP server and I find that to be silly, you have a level 50 character and thats enough.
    SO NOT TRUE, why should someone that leveled to 50 without being ganked along the way have the right to just walk into a PVP server at 50?

    That sir, is an asinine suggestion.

    It is annoying having to level up on a PvP server, because people only engage in world pvp they know they can win, e.g. 5+ levels above you or 2 mates with them, but never the less, I doubt people would level on a PvE server and then transfer to a PvP just because they cba to level on a PvP.
    You are right... it is annoying, so again, why should someone have the right to bypass it? We didn't have that option, so why should anyone else?

    If a PvE guild wants to play on a PvP server I think they should be allowed to transfer, and if the native PvP guilds haven't been able to or aren't good enough, to get the bosses down then I am fine with the PvE guild getting server firsts, it's not like it means anything anyway....
    You sir, are mistaken, if someone wants to play on a PVP server, they should have to go through the whole process everyone else had to.

    To allow players to transfer from PVE to PVP would be an insult to the players that rolled there to begin with. Only the freeloaders of the gaming world would think otherwise.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker Raimla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    429

    Default

    I am just curious here. There is not too much information released yet on the free transfers only that it will be for selected shards and you can transfer to any ruleset that is open for transfer no matter where you came from and I think we all agree that the goal Trion is trying to reach is healthier shard population.

    But you worry more about PvE players/guilds having a few PvE shards first more than a healthy population on your shard? I thought the more players on your shard the more PvP would happen? That is why you rolled on a PvP shard to begin with.

  12. #12
    Champion Ayenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In my apartment.
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Let people transfer where they wish. I see no valid reason to do otherwise.
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

    Foamy tells it like it is!

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raimla View Post
    I am just curious here. There is not too much information released yet on the free transfers only that it will be for selected shards and you can transfer to any ruleset that is open for transfer no matter where you came from and I think we all agree that the goal Trion is trying to reach is healthier shard population.
    A healthy BALANCED population is what the goal should be. Having players from PVE servers where progression is way beyond the native PVP population is far from balanced.

    But you worry more about PvE players/guilds having a few PvE shards first more than a healthy population on your shard?
    I don't have a clue what you are trying to say here...

    I thought the more players on your shard the more PvP would happen? That is why you rolled on a PvP shard to begin with.
    Yes the more players on a PVP shard would possibly increase the PVP taking place, and yes it is why we roll on PVP server to begin with, but we rolled on a PVP shard for the open PVP. Knowing we could be ganked at any time, or that we could also go out and gank at any time.

    Having level 50s from PVE servers where they did not have to worry about being ganked while gearing up is not balanced. They could go farm all the top rift gear, farm all the mats for their crafted gear and quest / farm all the rep they need to top themselves off.

    All in time to transfer to an open world PVP server to go have fun.

    What seems to be slipping here is the fact that the only way you SHOULD BE ABLE to get on a PVP shard is to ROLL THERE... LEVEL 1... the same way EVERYONE ELSE DID.

    No one should be allowed to skip a level or FREAKING 49 levels of the grief that everyone else on the server had to go through.

    There is ABSOLUTELY no comparison between PVE and PVP servers... none whatsoever... so there should be no transfers from PVE to PVP.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default Levelling harder?!

    The idea that a few hours lost to ganks during the levelling experience on PvP servers results in guilds progressing slower is ridiculous.

    The only reason PvE guilds progress faster is because the kind of person that rolls on a PvE server is more likely to be into raiding and less likely to spend their time running around killing folk and doing warfronts (i.e. things that don't lead to server firsts).

    Free transfers for all thankyou (and I am on a PvP server thankyou very much)

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    57

    Default

    The only reason PvE guilds progress faster is because the kind of person that rolls on a PvE server is more likely to be into raiding and less likely to spend their time running around killing folk and doing warfronts (i.e. things that don't lead to server firsts).
    I could care less about server firsts.

    The point is, you can have PVE guilds on a PVP server. Let them roll new characters here and level up just like the rest of us did.

    Transferring in is an insult, whether everyone takes offense or not is irrelevant.

    If players have friends on PVE servers, then transfer there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts